holster for S&W 638

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Strongwood, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Strongwood

Strongwood New Member

Can anyone recommend a conceal holster for the 638?

I have a Super tuck for my Springfield XDM 9MM but it is a bit heavy and I keep pulling my pants up no matter how tight I have my belt.

I thought it would be better to wear the lighter gun.

Any suggestions?

2. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Don Hume pocket holster that I use for my 638. It hides the gun nicely in your pocket. Once you break it in a bit the holster will stay in the pocket and let you extract the handgun. It cost me $42 at a show.

3. WDB

WDB New Member

Strong, might not be the pistol or the holster (both are fine for carry). I expect it's your belt. I have more holsters than I am willing to admit to buying before I got the understanding it was as much the belt as the holster. You already have one of the best holsters so look at a gun belt.

4. Strongwood

Strongwood New Member

Can you help me understand a pocket holster?
    I am assuming it is the front pocket you are talking about. If that is the case, I can not imagine I would have enough room to carry the pistol in my front pocket....let alone sit down with it

I will put it in my pocket when I go out today, maybe it isnt as bad as I imagine