Holster for a m&p45c

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by magnumman, Oct 1, 2013.

1. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I am looking for an OWB holster for my m&p 45 compact. I want something with good retention and preferably leather. I talked to a guy who had a bianchi paddle lock holster for his glock and it seemed like a cool design. The problem is that I cannot find it for my gun.

Let me know what you guys are using and how it is working for you. Also, do you know of any holsters for a different model that the 45c will fit in?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You could look up the specs on the gun and find a holster for a glock model with around the same measurements.
    Maybe a galco?

3. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I thought about that. If I go with a thumb break design, im sure I can make something work. I have several galco iwb holsters. I have never seen anything they make that I don't like. Do you have any of their owb's that you recommend?

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I did about 5 years ago. Can't remember what the name of it was. I carried my 1911 in it for about 2 years. It was comfortable and I never had any problem with it.
    I think I put a couple extra stitches in the thumb break just to increase the tension so it released easier and quicker.

5. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Check out Garrett Industries. They make great leather lined Kydex holsters. I have one of their Silent Thunders for my Nighthawk and couldn't be more pleased with it.

6. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I just picked up a tagua thumb break holster for a glock 19. It fits the m&p very well. Thanks for the advice.