Hollow Points for home defense...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Junior966, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

More drama with living in NJ...No matter how many people I talk to or web sites I look up I can't find a clear cut answer to are hollow Points legal for home defense.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Absolutely, positively no problem. (Here in Florida)

3. opaww

opaww New Member

In Kentucky yes, other states may not be and I think NJ is one of them

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

5. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

That's what I read...It just says you can own them for hunting and sporting use.. You can have them on you going or coming from said use...To me that just means if I use hollow Points for hunting or range I can own and store in my home for those purposes but doesn't outline if the can be used for home defense but it doesn't say you can't either...There is no clear cut answer

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Exactly, this way they can hassle or arrest you no matter what. This is what I hate about NJ and to a slightly lesser extent NY. When I go from NY where I live to PA where I want to move and I visit a lot and where I can CCW, I have to worry about having hollow points in the car. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone. Friggin' anti-gun morons!

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Call your sheriff. He should be able to give you an answer or direct you somewhere to get the answer.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The way prosecutors think that would probably show premeditation in the event that you do pop a BG in your home. Maybe it would be best not to ask the authorities and just buy some off-the-shelf "Home Defense" rounds. Heck, that way you can just say "It says what they are for right there on the box! Are you stupid?" (Ok, that last part might not be advisable.)

Then again I would advise that you play it totally safe and use the Hornady Critical Defense ammunition with the plastic insert. This makes them technically a flat-nose bullet.

http://www.hornady.com/store/Critical-Defense-newammo

9. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I never thought about that. Good advice.

10. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

I have Winchester pdx1's now but I think I'll just fire them off and get something I don't have to research if I can use them .