holla for the spurs!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by hawkguy, Jun 13, 2014.

1. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i pretty much gave up on professional team sports several years ago.

but i still love my texas teams. and the spurs are still my favorite nba team.

i hope they clean up the "buy all the superstars" heat in the next game. go spurs, and HURRAH for their selfless style of play! :D

go spurs, get # FIVE.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Love The Spurs and they sure looked unbeatable in Miami! Even though they're up 3-1 I hope they can finish off The Heat next game. I don't want The Heat to claw back and win game 7 like last year.

3. hawkguy

i hear ya! definitely don't wanna EVER see that happen again! i guess i'm ok w/ them losing...but to the heat?...ugh! NOT okay!

i'm trying hard not to care too much...but i really hope they beat the heat this year!

4. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Let's go Spurs !

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

And now Pat Reily wants to buy Carmelo Anthony for next season. Reminds me why I hated the Yankees all those years. Buy a superstar, buy a championship.

6. hawkguy

its all about the $ in pro sports, nothing more. and YES, any team will buy or cheat their way to a championship! thus why pro sports in this day and age is a POOR source of role models for our youth imo. time to stop glorifying them imo.

that said...san antonio is still a decent organization. and there are still many good role models on the spurs imo.

but i would root for almost anyone to beat miami! :p

7. G30USMC

That's okay, Lebum is going to be back in Cleveland ;)

8. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

If you look at the results in every sport 'buying' a championship almost NEVER works. The Yankees won World Series when they had their young core together that was brought up from the minor leagues. Jeter, Williams, Posada, Petitte, Rivera. Once those guys aged or retired they haven't won much. Look at how many different teams in baseball with no salary cap have won world series versus how many different teams in the NFL that have won Super Bowls. More teams win in baseball than football. Simp,e fact. Even with the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox etc over paying all the free agents. In the end, good organizations with good coaches win. Regardless of money spent.

So quit focusing on player's pay and team payrolls. We don't need any more Obama-like equality speeches in sports.

Oh yeah, how many huge free agents have the Spurs signed over the years? They are simply well run and coached from top to bottom. And they are fun to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Only way I know when the spurs win is because my coffee is free the next day at Valero lol

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well I sure hope you have free coffee there tomorrow! :D

11. hawkguy

good points & perhaps i got too opinionated on what was meant to be a simple thread that said......:)

GO SPURS!!!!

...and i am not too fond of the miami heat! :cool:

12. hawkguy

go free coffee for seancslaughter!!!!!

13. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

The only reason I'm going for the Spurs is because I hate Miami with a passion and they're a western conference team. With that said...Go Thunder!! :p

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

14. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Free coffee for me

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

15. hawkguy

SPURS NBA 5X CHAMPS!

and free coffee for seancslaughter! :D

16. hawkguy

i predict the weather in miami,

100% chance of rainfall in the form of tears. :D

17. hawkguy

going sometime tomorrow to get everyone in the fam. one of these (or some variation!)

:D

Attached Files:

18. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Can't stand Miami. Way to go Spurs. Love when a team plays as a team not as a few individuals. They destroyed the big three of Miami.:D

19. G30USMC

The better team won here ......... Way to go Spurs, that deep of a bench, Spurs is a force to be reckon with

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the Heat, but the Spurs are the next best thing to a home town team for me. I am very happy the "old guys" beat out the young bucks.

I was just amazed at how easily SA handled the series. Miami should have put up more of a fight.

If pro sports were ALL about the money, the series would have gone to 7. With so many of the divisional games going 7, I started to think the fix was on