Hold the anchovies...extra lead...

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by vincent, Aug 8, 2012.

1. vincent

vincent New Member

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

good for the driver :)

if more and more of this were to happen than criminals might rethink their career choices and choose a less dangerous profession :cool:

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Glad he was not hurt. But the news media is a bunch of idiots.

The man who was struck by bullets, identified as 20-year-old Cortez Bradley, was transported to Grant Medical Center. Investigators said that the second suspected robber, Bradley’s 16-year-old cousin, fled the scene and sent a text messages to family members, indicating that he was shot twice.

The identities of the suspected robbers were not released.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My oldest son delivered pizza's for several years to help put himself through college. Fortunately, we live in a small town where most people know each other and he was relatively safe. I say good job on this pizza delivery guy that defended himself.

And, at least for my son, he was not paid minimum wage. He was paid whatever the delivery fee was charged, given a certain amount of gas money a night and kept his tips. The better and more organized the delivery driver is, the more he made a night. My son made damn good money delivering pizzas, but it was crazy work, to be sure. Many deliveries to drunks at parties..........who would tip outrageously large amounts of money....or invite him to come back to the party after he was off work. People answering the door wrapped in towels just out of the shower, people who would spend 10 minutes looking for their checkbook or trying to scrape up the money like they were surprised they'd have to pay for the pizza they order. Once he delivered a pizza to a farm house and when the door swung open in response to his knock, he found a shotgun pointed at his face. The guy answering the door didn't know someone else in the house ordered a pizza. I was PISSED BEYOND BELIEF when my son told me this. Dogs jumping all over him........and little kids who thought the pizza delivery guy was almost as wonderful as Santa Claus. :D

5. towboater

towboater Active Member

I hope they learn a lesson. But I doubt it.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It appears the owner, while his instructions were not followed, is supportive of the guy, so I hope he doesn't lose his job.

More guns equal less crime. It's a statistical fact.

Who's got that quote about two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner and balancing the vote is the sheep with a firearm?

JD

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Good for him. My friend delivers pizza, Carey's his .45 acp sig at all times.

8. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I think Dog... I know c3 has it on tap.

9. Vincine

Vincine New Member

You mean this one?

"Democracy is two men with shotguns who ordered a pizza. Liberty is an armed delivery man contesting their terms of delivery."

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

not me, never heard that one :eek:

11. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Oops. Quote is " Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner, liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote"

12. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

The article says exactly who they were and then says ''The identities of the suspected robbers were not released.":confused:

13. Vincine

Vincine New Member

14. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

15. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I am going to call crime stoppers hot line now and collect the reward for a solid tip since the identities have not been released. :rolleyes:

I now have a modified T zone ( T )that goes down to the twins, enough of the twins getting shot off and that will stop the dumb criminals next generation.