Hogs in Michigan???

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by tankmechanic, Jan 13, 2012.

1. tankmechanic

tankmechanic New Member

Does anyone have Feral hogs they need to get rid of in Michigan? Let me know I need to fill the freezer.

2. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I lived in Michigan for many years and I never heard of wild hogs being there. But their area is expanding and I can see them eventually taking a foothold even in Michigan. They are everywhere here in central Florida.
    cottontop

3. bobalo59

bobalo59 New Member

I have heard that they have been seen, but to date thats like bigfoot being seen if you know what I mean. But, if I do I'll let you know, we'll go and fill both our freezers and have a great pig roast. I'm already getting the smoker ready.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I would bet you could find some farmers in Mississippi who would let you do some camping/hog eradication. That might make a fun little vacation if you do it before hot weather gets here, maybe March.

5. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

Their in Michigan and expanding rapidly. There's some guy near Big Rapids north of Grand Rapids, and he's been trapping them and getting quite a few.

6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Yes,they are everywhere but like previously stated they are like bigfoot.I do know that there are alot of sightings and quite a few kills reported into the dnr,and I know for a FACT that in 2010 a hunter just 5 miles north of me harvested a 300lb hog during deer season,it was all over the papers here in Midland county.

7. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I heard there's a pack around Midland and around Arenac county.

8. tankmechanic

tankmechanic New Member

I will do the same. I looked at the DNR site and they are in MI. I will keep you in mind if theres going to be a hunt.

9. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I have heard that too yet I've never seen one and I have spent alot of time in the woods the last 2 years.

10. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

My girlfriend works in manchester and seen a dead one by the road and I've heard that theres some in hillsdale. Im totally with ya on the pig roast though. I'm trying to locate some state land I can hunt for them but I haven't had luck yet. I've also wondered if you can use a center fire rifle or if we're stuck with our shotguns. I'm gona call the dnr when I get around to it the number i have is 1800 292-7800. If your feeling froggy give em a call