hog hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by 1911beast, Dec 28, 2011.

1. 1911beast

1911beast New Member

is there hogs in utah

2. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

check with the DNR in that State.

3. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Yessir there sure are not as bad as texas or arizona but they are there!

4. redrussell

redrussell New Member

Kill the dawn things, they have already moved up into Idaho and destroyed some of the corn fields I used to hunt not far from the snake river. I am stationed in Georgia now and I go out every weekend I can and kill at least 2. They are also getting into delicate ecosystems and just ruining them.

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Lots of hogs are being released into the wild by idiots who want a place to hunt wild hogs: It's happening all over the country. The hog hunting "ranches" buy hogs by the truckload and turn them loose for their clients. Some of the hogs i kill look like dirty show pigs.

6. hairbear1

hairbear1 Active Member

We could send you lot some of our estimated 23 million pigs over here.That should keep your barrels warm for a few hours :D.
    Pig busting is a very popular pastime over here with some real brutes getting shot or dogged and stuck,regards

7. stick_man

stick_man New Member

I am sure there are some wild hogs in Utah, although I have never seen any (lived here nearly 50 yrs now). I have recently heard there may be a few in the SW corner of the state. In the northern part of the state, there are a couple outfits that have "canned" hunts for big Russian boars. I don't know how closely they watch their pigs, but would imagine some escape and survive.

8. gr8wapiti

gr8wapiti New Member

I sure wish we had some in Colorado, I have a model 92 Winchester in .357 that would be perfect for hogs with my handloads. That is something I'd really like to try sometime.

9. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

There is a ranch near Castle Dale, Ut. that has a pay to shoot. Hell these are just feed lot porkers.:rolleyes:

10. weatherbymag257

weatherbymag257 New Member

I'm from Texas. Hog capital of the world and ive probably taken about 300-400 pigs with my .257 weatherby mag with 117 grain round nose bullets and to this day I've failed to see a rifle that over comes it. It leaves all compedaters in the dust

11. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Please tell us more about that one rolleyes

12. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

:)Wow you need a .257 Mag. to shoot hogs. Most are shot at very close range. As I recall a 30-30 always seemed to work OK.:confused: If you shot 400 hogs in one year that would be 1.09589041 per. day.:rolleyes: I can only imagine eating over 1 ton of pork even in Texas.:eek: I have a good friend at Seadrift, Txs who has killed many hogs with a .22 pistol.:)

13. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

I better not tell u that I just started using my new long range pellet gun it shoots as flat as a 6.5 but hits almost as hard as a 458 win mag at 10000 yrds but im not gonna tell u that ok

14. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

There are wild hogs in colorado I have hunted them with my nephew way out by wray colorado also we killed a couple by campo colorado

15. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

There is a town way out by the ok border kinda between burlington co an campo co that area is gettin hogs now I cant remember the name of it but tgey are on the big sandy river bottoms out there

16. xadus23

xadus23 New Member

Warming up my Winchester 30-30 this week. We have a Hog hunt coming up here in Georgia, Mar 31 and April 7.. For the money id like to get 2.

17. coyote_killer3

coyote_killer3 New Member

We have one here in Oklahoma same days. Im getting out the old .308 Remington 700. Best of luck and hope you kill em all.

Thanks,
    Riley

18. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

I heard there are getting to be some wild hogs down around St. George/Mesquite.

Everything up north is domestic cross on private land.

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Just how old are you mon ami? Cuz if you have killed 300-400 of em then you have to be a better hog hunter than me, muliemaster, downsouth, and a few others combined.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did