Hog Hunting by Helo

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by 7point62, Apr 11, 2014.

1. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

This may have been posted here. If not, it is DEATH FROM ABOVE for feral hogs. Absolutely insane video...Helo-mounted AR-10 vrs hogs. If you can't handle a hog massacre, don't watch.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/21181307[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

A friend of mine in Texas who owns three ranches one weekend they killed 300 pigs Friday-Sunday on the ranches from the HELO! I have never went with him, but man what a blast. And for me the other good part of it is it provides excellent coyote hunting potential following the flyovers.
    Great Video! There was another one posted some time ago but if my memory serves me correctly, it was a different video on the same topic.

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Always wanted to do it but it's too expensive for my taste

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

4. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, definately for people with some money to burn. Personally, half the fun of hunting for me is stalking through the boonies with a rifle in my hands. But if I had the money, a one-time helo-borne pig massacree would be a rush.

5. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

There's quite a few videos out there of these, must say I'm jealous. I love hog hunting when we go to Texas but this puts a whole new spin on it. (No pun intended)

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

FN awesome man . Is that BACON I smell !!!!!!!!

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I am not going to make any friends by saying it, but this is not hunting. It is extermination. I stopped doing pheasant tower shooting for the same reason, although the scale of slaughter was much smaller.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

you are correct- but extermination is badly needed in areas where a feral hog population has taken hold. They are incredibly fast breeding, destructive and mean.

9. hairbear1

hairbear1 Active Member

Besides the fast breeding they can also hold some very nasty diseases as well. In Australia there are helo shoots done by Parks and Wildlife to drop pigs and there are times when something 300-400 pigs are shot in certain areas but give the pigs 12 months and plenty of feed and they're back to where they were.

A rough guesstimation in Australia reckons there's something like 1 pig per person so that's something like 23 million pigs in Australia

10. bradam

bradam Member

Desperate times call for desperate measures. That much fun is just wrong.:)

11. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

This is what is needed in MANY places. It is not practical here as the cover is not going to allow you to flush or shot from a helo. I have fired tens of thousands of rounds from the door of a helo, but none at hogs!:D

The only good hog is a dead hog!;)