HK45 vs. FNX45

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by jjones45, Jul 25, 2013.

1. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Probably few have shot both of these awesome pistols but if you have could you explain which one you liked more and for what reasons. Im am about a month and a half from picking one if these up and I am having the hardest time deciding. HK45 is roughly $300 more give or take a few but that doesn't really matter as I save up to buy at least one handgun a year.

2. cjn79

cjn79 New Member

I no longer have my HK but its a nice pistol. I got rid of it for the M&P which felt more comfy in my hand and shot way better for me. My brother has the FN. It's REAL nice and is also very accurate. It also fits me better then the HK like the M&P did. From my experience the better the pistol fits you the better you will shoot with it. After firing his FN its on my wish-list. Go to your local gun store and handle the two of them and you'll know which one is right for you. Can't really go wrong with either.

3. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Had an FNP-45 as my first handgun, I feel like it was more gun for the money for sure.

Higher capacity,interchangeable back straps. and recoil was light as far as .45s go because it was such a big gun.

4. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

I can't speak to the H&K but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the FNX-45.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I had an opportunity to handle the FNX 45. Sadly, I came away unimpressed. Having handled other FNs, I expected it to feel better than the FNP, not cheaper. I had really wanted to like it.
    Haven't messed with H&K 45, but the 9mm & 40 S&W USPs felt very good to me. I didn't handle a .45 version. I expect H&K45 would be a nice pistol, once one's eye's stop watering from the price.
    In that price bracket, the Sig 220 deserves a look. If your willing to bargain hunt a bit but still just have to buy Eurozone, the CZ97 probably shouldn't be ignored either.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  6. north1020

north1020 New Member

I would suggest HK45 compact. Once you fired this gun you will keep coming back to the range. The accuracy is superb...yes it is more expensive buy hey it is HK.

7. miamivice

miamivice New Member

Is it any more or less accurate then the HK45 ?

8. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

For a little less than the hk you can get the fnx45 tactical with the threaded barrel and suppressor sights in a sweet tac pack with 4 mags. Sweet handgun and looking to get one myself after I shot a buddies a few months ago

9. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Well scratch both for now. Ended up with a SR45 and a bunch of .45 acp ammo. The shop I bought it from had an Fnx 45 for $729 that just felt a little big. And yes it is awesome with 3 15 round mags but for some reason it didn't make me have to have it. Still might get one in the future but right now this fits the bill. They had no HK45 so still might pursue one of those in the future as well, who knows.

ForumRunner_20130803_233221.jpg

10. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

You went from an HK to a Ruger? That's actually kinda funny. You're going to make someone's head explode.

Ruger seems to be a solid choice but I don't have much experience or knowledge of the SR-series. I do see the FNX getting a lot of love and they seem to be good value for the dollar.

11. miamivice

miamivice New Member

In Canada, the FNX is going for over 1100 bucks.
    At that price, I'll be getting an HK or Sig.

12. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Yeah I already have a hk in my collection. I didn't have any rugers or fn's. Im really wanting a cz now. If I run across the hk45 at a good price in the future I might get one. I figured i would round out my collection for now. Def a cz, then FN on my list. Hk45 is really a dream gun for me but I can get the cz and FN for the price of the one hk. Plus its not like I don't have a usp 45 anyways.

13. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Congrats on the pistol! Give us a range report! I like bothe the HK and the FN's, I have an FNP so hard choice there. But the Ruger should do well!

14. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Thanks. I hope it does well since it is the first ruger I ever owned and a first impression is a lasting one, you know. So far I hear great reviews

15. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

By they the way I didn't go from just a hk to a ruger, I went from a hk to a ruger and 400 rounds of 45acp to shoot in my other 45s as well. And still have a couple hundred left over for my next purchase in a few months. Just saying

16. brokedick90

brokedick90 New Member

I would agree 100% the 220 is a awesome gun an usually if you look around you an find one in the 650 range used. I was going to purchase the fnx but bought the sig instead and it has earned a very special place in my heart as an amazing 45.

17. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I like my FNP-45 so well that I just bought his little brother...the FNX-9. The 9 holds 16+1....and shoots just as nice as the 45.

18. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

The FN line of pistols almost feel like a sig

19. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

I have owned and shot both. In fact, I've had the FNX 45 and FNX 45 Tactical, a HK MK23 and now the HK45.

Short story: Hands down the HK is more well made and solid. The FN handguns feel flimsy/cheap in comparison. The BIG advantage of the FNX in .45ACP is the 15 round capacity. That's great, otherwise, the HK has it beat in every other way: build quality, ergonomics, accuracy, etc.

20. miamivice

miamivice New Member

How many rounds is an HK45 recoil spring good for? HK parts in Canada are unobtainium. So, I thought maybe i should order one. I'm sure I'll need one by the time the new one shows up in 8 months.