HK usp

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by derek, Apr 16, 2012.

1. derek

derek New Member

What are your opinions on this awsome gun people?

2. flyspooky

flyspooky New Member

Love my 40c. Owned the last 9 years; no malfunctions at all.

3. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Excellent pistol by far but paying a grand for a polymer pistol; i cant see it. If you dont mind paying that by all means enjoy:). Everything German made seems to be pricey so i shouldnt be surprised.

4. flyspooky

flyspooky New Member

Is that what they're going for now? Wow. I got lucky buying mine through a friend who was a budding gunsmith...traded a 5 yr old BHP + $300.

5. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

You made an excellent deal, don't let the nay sayers get to you, what you got there is one of the best, most reliable handgun platforms made. Enjoy.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Wellll...almost everything.

[​IMG]

7. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Notice you said ONE OF THE BEST:rolleyes:. Dont get me wrong, i never said their not great pistols, i just said from a price standpoint; it just doesnt click for me. Especially when you have so many other options like Glock, M&P's, XD(M)'s. Not to mention you could probably buy two of those for almost the same price of one HK....just sayin.

8. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I said one of the best, on purpose , I dont believe there is one best for everyone. Of course I believe their better than glocks( stronger polymers, better protective coating, finer polygonal rifling ). And glocks are better than xd( same criteria, xd have standard rifling) now I'm just stating my opinion as to which is best,, I see by your call sign which flag you fly. I don't hate on glocks, their proven weapons. But if they really were as good as hk they wouldn't be half the price. Ok now you,,,,,,,,,,,

9. Morgo

Morgo New Member

A USP Match was my first centrefire pistol.

[​IMG]

Since then I've picked up a few more USP models and have put many thousands of rounds through them. They have excellent reliability and are very accurate. I would highly recomment the USP model.

10. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I love mine and you can't beat the reliability of the HK USP line of handguns

11. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I can argue that they are are better...they are more popular and more used worldwide.

12. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

They are more popular because they are cheaper and in this economy, that is more than enough. HK even has its own foundary, it's in a different class altogether. It's more about being the best you can be vs being economical.

Both pistols need ergonomic overhaul. Haven't tried new p30 but I don't like the slide mounted decocker and smaller or downsized controls. USP had that right. Glock is a one trick pony - great design but dated.

13. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Hell HK's slogan says it all " In a world of compromise,,, HK doesn't"

14. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

H&k. Good gun but don't like the handle design. It gets wider toward the bottom if the handle which makes for poor Hand fitting. In my opinion.

Zamzow

15. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

I am fond of mine, same grip angle as 1911 and it allowed me to carry locked & cocked or double action. Lead ammo is no problem - "G".

16. 75370

75370 New Member

My Elite will stack it's shots at 25 yds., the only other handgun that comes close is one of my custom .45 1911s.
    [​IMG]

17. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Sweet - does the 6" sight radius make a difference ? USP - 4.41" and I wish it was longer.

18. 75370

75370 New Member

Yes, so does the micro. click rear sight.

19. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

I bought the adj sight from HK and put on the green fiber optic sight from the competition model. I did the same thing to my buds USP compact. Very happy camper as it did wonders for my sight picture.

Wish I had your National Match grade trigger ! Too expensive to ship gun back to HK and can't find a gunsmith in my area who can/will do the work.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  20. billt

billt New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my H&K USP 9. It's an OK pistol, but I doubt I'd buy another. Too expensive, magazines are outrageously priced as well, and not nearly as well constructed as a metal lined Glock magazine. The magazine release is poorly designed, and placed where it can easily pinch your fingers. The gun is not as accurate as any of my 9 MM Glocks are.

On the plus side, it has a nice large trigger guard, and the gun balances nicely in the hand. It also has good visible sights that are easy to acquire. I bought the gun because I wanted to see what all of the raving about H&K was all about. To me the gun offers less than a Glock at a much higher price. Certainly not enough to attract me to purchase another.