Hk usp compact 40

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by cletort13, Jul 22, 2013.

1. cletort13

cletort13 New Member

I was thinking of buying a usp compact 40 but not sure how the recoil is? Can anyone tell me how the recoil is and is it controllable

2. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

I have the usp compact .45 and it has very soft recoil compared to other compact .45s but then again the usp compacts are more like a mid-size gun. Full-size usp's have a recoil reduction system and the compacts have a plastic buffer on the recoil spring. I'd say go for it

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

4. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

That one is the full size, this is what the compact recoil spring assembly looks like.

ForumRunner_20130727_132854.jpg

5. gunman41mag

gunman41mag Active Member

The USP COMPACT 40 is light kicking, and i like the fact that you can carry it cock-n-lock

6. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

I have both a HKUSP Comp. .40s&w and .45acp. the recoil of .40s&w is very lite compaired to my Glock23 .40s&w. You will enjoy shooting the HK USP Comp. .40.

Attached Files:

7. I have a H&K USPc in .40 S&W. I shoot primarily 165 grain Winchester Ranger HP ammo in it for serious use, a 180 grain reload for practice and such.

The recoil is noticed and certainly messes up the sight picture, but it isn't abusive in my thinking. I've qualified with it without problem (except for my knees and the kneeling position). I do not consider this combination to be a heavy recoil gun. It is in the upper end of moderate, but nothing like a full charge .44 Magnum or .357 Magnum.

For the longest time I thought this combination had less recoil, being a lighter weight bullet and all than my Colt Commender (lw) in .45 ACP. Then I had both at the range and compared the two. Shot one after the other. The HK has - I think - a bit more recoil. It is 'faster', as the recoil happens faster due to velocity of projectile. The difference isn't much and neither of the two bother me.

If you can shoot a .45 ACP pistol with hardball, this one shouldn't intimidate you.