HK USC to UMP

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by 1911love, Jan 31, 2013.

1. 1911love

1911love New Member

I'm thinking of buying a .45ACP USC to convert to a semi-auto SBR UMP.

1)Is it better to buy the USC first and send it out for the work or is it better to buy the whole package from a builder?

2)Who is the best/most trusted builder?

3)What are some(if any) major considerations?

If anyone here has any experience or knowledge I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows of a better PDW that isn't an NFA machine gun(I don't have that much to spend) please share. Thanks.

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I thought this was gonna be about making it full auto, I was ready to be all, "super illegal bro." Other than that sorry I can't help but good luck.

3. 1911love

1911love New Member

Thanks man. I wish I could afford an MP5K, but no go. I just want a small and reliable little carbine/PDW for fun and HD.

4. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Would LOVE to do this build myself,so I'm in to see how this turns out for you. Keep it updated if you will.

I believe the conversion is to be compliant with 922r. Parts swap for US made parts right? Like I did my saiga. I would imagine it would be a little more intricate than a saiga build though.

5. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

6. 1911love

1911love New Member

922r is a must from what I've looked into. What I'm wrestling with right now is the price. It's looking like it would be in the $3-4K range. That kind of money would buy a MAC. I know the quality is much better on the UMP conversion, but it will be a "neutered" PDW. I'm still trying to get as much user experience info as possible, but not many people seem to know a whole lot about this conversion.

7. hoovco

hoovco New Member

8. 1911love

1911love New Member

Hoov, their prices look reasonable, have you personally seen their work?