hk or glock

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by niteglock, Sep 8, 2012.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I know there's probably been this topic already. But I can't find it. I own two glocks and love them but one thing about the 21 I don't like is how sqaured off the meuzzle end is when looking down sight. Its a real blocky pistol. That being said. I was going to check out the usp45 or 45c. Anyone have any input on HKs? Compared to glocks.

2. jyo

jyo New Member

Well, I am not a Glock fan, but every Glock I've shot workef well, so no complaints there. I really like my HK pistols (USPf, USPc, P2000, P30, 45C etc) because they always fuction and fit my hands well. I like the machining, fit and QC of HK products---yeah, they are more expensive and their magazines cost more---I don't mind paying for quality. You only live once (I'm pretty sure), so get the good stuff if you can!

3. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I am not a Glock fan either. I own an HK 45 variant 7 and I love it . It fits my hands just great. I don't like the way glocks feel or look .

But to each his own

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

IMHO for the extra money I'd rather spend it in a Sig, which is what did. And you can get a better deal on a Sig than an HK.

The HKs are great guns but everything great has its price. I also don't love the grip size, I'm a medium build guy. Held just about every brand of semi auto made and my hands seemed to conform perfectly around the E2 Sigs. I ended up with the P229r. My sister loved her g19 til she shot my sig. Sold it and bought a P229 too.

5. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

6. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I have had a USP 45 since 95 and a friend dropped off his USP 45C during a move and never picked it up. The USP is perhaps the most tested platform on the planet. Results are easy find and the squib load test was impressive.

The cons - ergonomics are not a strong point. Tends to fit better if you have larger hands. Double stacks are like that.

I am not a Glock fan but my brother has been carrying one for close to 20 years as a police officer w/o major complaint. Couple Glock incidents but we could debate that all day long. It just hard for X-military to let that pistol hit the floor. (active or passive safety could have saved the taxpayers $$$ and the officers pain & suffering.)

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I can't see the muzzle end when I look down the sights. Try turning your pistol around. :D

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Yes. That us what I want. I like that it has the carved edges like the 27 I own. But do they make them in black. I don't like shiny guns. That would be perfect though.

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I agree. But I already own a sig p226 dark elite. Got it from gun broker for 750.00 including FFL transfer. I love that pistol. That's my nightstand gun because of the heavy trigger pull. Don't want to shoot someone I don't mean to. But I've always wanted a usp since I seen one. But don't know if all that cash is worth it if I already own a sig.

10. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

I wouldn't consider mine shiny, but it is definitely not as subdued as black. You can call them and see if they offer it in black or if they offer a blueing service in their custom shop. They have been super helpful every time I've called.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The HK USP platform is a very good gun. The barrels are dead tough. The bore sits a bit higher in relation to your hand and muzzle flip is more pronounced than with the Glock. I have personally witnessed a squib load cleared by the next bullet. HK can certainly make a barrel.

12. Rarity

Rarity New Member

They are both very good firearms.

13. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Apples to oranges - when your orientation is to create the best, costs go up. A better comparison of this philosophy w be Sig vs HK like Sig 220 vs USP for 45 fans and the 229 vs USP-C for carry.

The 229 is well balanced and Felt better in my hand than 226 line. Both HK and Sig are trying to rework & streamline ergonomics.

14. Morgo

Morgo New Member

If you don't like how blocky the Glock is then you probably won't like HK.

HK are great firearms though and you really should try one before buying.

15. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I'm going today to try one out. And hopefully if they have it try a glock 30sf. I have been stuck on an hk since I seen the military channel. Kind of why I bought the M9. But I sold the M9 because I didn't like it as much as my sig. That's why I really want to shoot the hk before I buy. Don't want to throw money away.

Seriously. Which is better. The usp or hk45 ???????

16. billt

billt New Member

I'm presently shooting 6 Glocks and 1 H&K. There is a reason for that. I've found that H&K is way over priced for what you get in a Polymer framed pistol, which isn't a hell of a lot with H&K. The magazines are outrageously expensive, the magazine release is poorly designed, and can easily pinch your fingers. And to be quite honest about it, it doesn't do anything better than a Glock can, except contain more parts and cost a lot more.

On the plus side is it has a nice large trigger guard, easily acquired sights, and a good trigger. I bought mine because I wanted to see first hand what all the hoopla was about concerning H&K handguns. The gun is OK, but I doubt I'll be buying another. There are simply better guns avaliable at much better prices that represent a higher degree of value, than what the Elves in the Black Forest are coming up with these days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Aperez

Aperez New Member

I personally like glocks over hk they are more economical accurate out of the box and reliable as f*** great carry gun. Has a great feel to it and abundance of accessories to make it your own. It's like a funny saying kimber the gun you show your friends, Glock the gun you show your enemy. : )

18. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Bilt - any of those Glocks in 10mm ?

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Like this one?

Attached Files:

20. billt

billt New Member

None. 3 are 9 MM and 3 are .45 ACP.