Hk mp5

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by MichaelBarton, Jun 2, 2012.

1. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

Just bought an H&K MP5 SD. going to take it out to the range tmrw

2. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

I love mine. Fun gun to shoot and nice and cheap. I run CCI ammo through it.

3. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. I lubed it up real goo yesterday.

4. dan01

dan01 New Member

Get too much oil in the workings, particularly the bolt and you will have a mess on your hands.....Some 22 ammo is dirty and wont take long to foul things to where you get a lot of FTF and FTEs............I use a light gun oil applied with a rag then wiped all but dry.....If I am going to store a weapon then I will oil it some what heavy then wipe it out before I use it again.

5. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

Thanks for the tip! I don't planning running cheap ammo through it though. I'll wipe any excess oil off if there is any. Any mods or accessories I should look into

6. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

Here is a iPhone pic of it. I'm currently in Kentucky working and left my camera back home.

Attached Files:

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Nice gun. If I'm not mistaking those are integrally suppressed right? So it is class 3

8. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Nice gun. Those are class 3 right?

9. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

No it's not class 3. The real 9mm sun machine MP5 is class 3. The can in the barrel they call it a sound dampner

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Sorry dint mean to double post. Ok I thought they was integrally suppressed. But I guess it being a sound dampener would not be integrally suppressed.

11. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

I've heard they are actually quieter than most other .22s.

12. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

I dont think it dampens the sound at all. The barrel runs all the way throught it. It is just a shroud. Buy extra mags for it you need them. I put a rail and red dot on mine. They are very quiet. A lot of cheap fun to shoot. I would like to try running some CCI Quiet 22 throught it. I think the decibels from it is down in the 68 range.

13. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

i went to the range today. shot the new ak and the MP5. The mp5 held great groups just a little to the right. i forgot to bring an allen wrench to adjust it lol it had two fail to chambers, but that is because i had my hand blocking the spring loader on the magazine