HK Mag Release

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by HighSpeed, Aug 4, 2011.

1. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

Why is it so lame?!:p I freaking love the pistols but can't reach it effectively with my thumb. Does anyone know of an aftermarket mag release that can help someone with small hands?

(I've only fired the fullsize USP .45, so I don't know if the compacts are easier to reach or not)

2. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

The compact is the same just has a shorter barrel and handle. You might wanna try using your index or middle finger.

3. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

Someone else suggested that, but I don't want to mess with the muscle memory I've established. I'm issued a Glock and have been shooting them for years along with 1911s and Sigs, and I'd like to avoid any drastic changes.

Maybe the HK just isn't for me, but I'd love to find a way to make it more 'normal'.

4. Wambli

Wambli Member

Actually I like the HK mag release. It is fast and positive once you learn how to manipulate it. I too use the two finger method and it works great. I go from a HK P2000 to 1911s to Walther PPS to Glock all the time and have never had any problems with the different systems. As long as you spend anough time with them your brain will do the right thing with the right gun in your hand.

5. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

Been carrying my HK USP .45 24/7 for close to 10 years now, with never an issue but then I have big hands...

6. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

You're lucky, I've got these stubby little sausage fingers. Looks like someone glued a pack of Jimmy Dean Brown-n-Serves to my hand.

7. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

That's too funny to comment, lmfao.