Historical figures and their sidearms for $250?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by orangello, Oct 12, 2013.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Let's take turns naming a historical figure and their sidearm of choice AND what sidearm you would have chosen for them. Feel MORE THAN FREE to stray from historical facts to hysterical facts and to use creative license as you will. Please try not to get too political unless you are hating on Hitler or some other historical figure who is generally hated and maligned.

Somebody mentioned the "pope's pistol" in another thread; I don't know what he carries, but I would suspect it to be a water pistol styled like a Beretta 92FS and filled with holy water. That could be handy for the Pontiff at all those open air parades; nothing cools you off like a blast of holy water. ;)

What do you guys think the late President Ronald Reagan carried, would have carried, should have carried, or would have been funny if he carried? Or pick another historical figure you want to arm up.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Gandhi's AK. :p

Attached Files:

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I think Reagan would've carried a cowboy-style revolver, possibly an actual Colt Single Action Army, perhaps even in .45 long colt. That would've been a "safe" choice for California friends and plenty of pistol with his secret service backup. It also would have lined up well with some of his acting history.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think the last Czar in Russia would've carried?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

I Think Reagan should of carried the 44 AMP. Since it was California born and bred:D....When it became popularly known in the early 80's

I see Ghandi as a WWII Tail Gunner

The Czar a Makarov no less

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Gello, you were close but a quick Google search brought to light the Pope's true pistol:

image-4099284967.jpg

I believe Genghis Khan's sidearm would be a Tokarev, and his long-gun would be an AK-74. It's slightly smaller than the 47, which is useful for being on horseback.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

reagan was an avid anti-gunner. he woulda carried a nerf gun if he was forced to.

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I am pretty sure Gandhi could use that AK if pushed in a corner.

8. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

General Patton with his Colt 45.

[​IMG]

9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Though if available he would likely have stepped it up to the 454 or 500 S&W

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Considering Czar Nicholas was killed before the Tokerev or the Makarov, I figure he would have had a Nagant revolver or a Mauser Broom handle that was popular with the Cosacks.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ronnie would not have carried a revolver. If ANYBODY carried one of these, it would be him.....

ray-gun-pen.jpg

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Danf_fl and a S&W 15-2 (with a 12-2 as backup)

14. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The Broomhandle gained respect during WW1. The Tsar wouldn't be caught dead carrying a German made firearm. He did not carry any, in fact, because he was the "anointee of God" who had nothing to fear from his people.

His court favorite Gregory "Mad Monk" Rasputin was murdered by a notorious member of the Russian parliament. That man carried an American "pocket" Savage semi-auto. He shot Rasputin in the head, but the victim died hard, so people later thought he was superhuman. Most likely it happened because the bullet was only .32 ACP and missed the lower brain.

15. txpossum

txpossum New Member

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...-Ranger-Legendary-LEO-was-a-hard-man-to-kill/

How about Frank Hamer, most commonly known as the lawman who led the party that killed Bonnie and Clyde. While this is his most well known incident, he had a long law enforcement career, in which he won several gunfights. His favorite gun is reported as being a .45 Colt SA, which he called "Ol' Lucky". When I was in my early teens I read his biography, and his story has stuck with me.

P.S. It's pronounced "Hay-mer", not "Ham-er"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  16. txpossum

txpossum New Member

My favorite historical figure: Thomas Jefferson.

I'm sure, as a lover of liberty and a true gentleman, he would have had a brace of pistols similar to those below:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Ranger Capt. Hamer was a legend. He killed 54 men in 100 gun fights. He was wounded 17 times and left for dead 4 times. He spanned the end of the Frontier to the automobile age. He was inducted into the the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame.:)

18. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

John Wesley Hardin, deadliest outlaw of the Wild West. He started out with BP Colt .44/.36 revolvers, and used a shotgun from time to time. But was best known for his proficiency with his .41 Colt Thunderer.

Attached Files:

19. txpossum

txpossum New Member

My favorite badman.

20. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

RG and her Dad are Wild West historians...lol They cant get enough of that stuff...Hang out with them for a while, and some of it rubs off...I know Hardin is her favorite bad guy too....