Hipoint 9mm

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by hockeyjr1, Jan 15, 2012.

1. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

What's your pros and cons on the hi point in 9mm Luger? Might get one since ammo is cheap and the gun is only 300 bucks.. Can u use steel cases ammo in this gun too? Thank guys

2. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

If you pay $300 for that gun, you're getting ripped off BIG TIME. Its only $140-175 brand new. There are many other threads on this gun. Do a search and you will find all the information you need.

3. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

Heck I have a killer deal for you I will sell you a hi-point 9mm for $250 and still double my money. I also have some ocean front property in Arizona.

4. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

For $300 get a ruger p95 or s&w sigma 9

The only way I'd buy a hi-point for $300 dollars from someone was if they had made me mad enough to use it on them and get my money back.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah, what they said. Don't spend 300 on that gun, its simply not worth that much. Check out their site, it lists the MSRP.

6. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

The cheapest msrp is 285... I'll look at some gun stores but I doubt I'll find one new for less than 225..

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

8. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

That's a pistol.. I'm only 20 and dont have a permit yet in nys... Sry I might of confused u guys.. I was talking about the carbine 9mm model..

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

agreed...and a stoeger cougar 8000f.

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

My bad. Skip it.

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Hell for 225 you can get a bersa .380, much easier to conceal than a hipoint

12. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Guys thanks for the help but I put this thread in the "long gun" section for a reason... I want info on a carbine model.. Bad enough I gotta wait 10 moths to turn 21 plus another 6 months for a background check to clear before I can et a pistol..

13. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I have had a hi point 9mm carbine for 4 years. I trust it so much it is my only gun that is not locked up on a daily basis. No problems what so ever. Good luck.

14. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

Hmmmm lets see, lets start with the con's Its a Hi Point

15. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Tell you what riverg420, come thru my door uninvited and I promise you will not be concerned about it being a hi point as you expire.

I really should not have posted that. Not because of the content, rather responding to someone with 420 in their username. Thanks for profiling yourself.

16. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I am using the app on my phone to read this and it showed as "auto & semi auto discussion".

17. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

:( Sounds like I hurt someone's feellings

18. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Not at all. I just don't think your post was very well thought out. So go back to mommas' basement and fire up your bong. I' ll check back later on for another 5 or 6 word response from you. Don't hurt yourself with a paragragh of rebuttle.

19. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

I have a 9mm carbine(new style) AND a Hi-Point 40 S&W pistol. I keep the Carbine beside the bed, with lazer light, tactical flashlight and Red Dot scope mounted. For the 40, I use it as a sidearm weapon on the Farm each time I go out. I would trust my life with both of them. They may not of cost $400 to $800, but they work reliably and have always gone bang each time I pulled the trigger. For the Carbine I use American Eagle ammo through it, as it does the best for me, but other people have used other ammos, but they've had problems with steel cased ammo, only use brass.
    Del

20. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

Hi-point carbine cons:
    Heavy
    Bulky
    Small magazine capacity
    Not the best looking gun you have ever seen.

Pros:
    Inexpensive
    Shoots any ammo you put in it (even russian steel case)
    Easy on recoil
    Great iron sights
    WILL FIRE EVERY TIME YOU PULL THE TRIGGER
    Shoots while dirty
    Extremely reliable

I would have ever thought I would own a hi-point of any kind. I am a AR guy. I bought this carbide for my wife (paid $225) I think this riffle has grow on be and I have to admit it is a fun little gun to shoot. We were hitting milk jugs at 150 yards.