HiPoint 995 Project

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by lukeisme, May 8, 2010.

1. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

carbine.jpg

This is my new project. I thought I might start fairly inexpensive with a little HiPoint 995 carbine. I have been after one of these for several years and when I could find one I didn't have the money to buy it. The stars finaly aligned for me this weekend. An here she is. With the factory sights and some cheap FMJ ammo it shoots decent. Though there is much left to be desired. I will post pics and updates as I try to turn her into a zombie stoping weapon. Any suggestions are WELCOME. :D

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I always think of the Planet of the Apes movies when I see those rifles:p. I do look forward to seeing how it turns out.:)

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Love, lots of love. [​IMG]

4. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

That looks very nice I am seeing so many things on here that r awesome. :)

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I wanna see where this goes. What are your options for extended magazines? Is there an easy & secure way to attach a laser?

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

[​IMG]

Hi Point sells a laser equipped model...not to keen on the exposed wiring and velcro strapping though. Laser and compensator attachment can also be purchased separately.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Thats pretty much how they all come.

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

ATI sells a Beretta lookalike stock kit that gives it a hi-tech look.

[​IMG]

9. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

Never tried the extended mags with mine, but I was advised that they're more prone to feeding failures. Just what I heard from the store owner that sold me my 995, and looking around on hi-point forums on my own afterword.

They have their critics, but my 995 is probably one of the most fun plinkin' guns I've ever had. :cool:

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

the new skeletonized 4095 .40 cal high point carbine is nice.

11. surgicaltech

surgicaltech New Member

A friend of mine has one. His is pimped to the max, you name it, it has it. He's using 147 grain FMJ and shooting 100' with varying consistancy.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I got my 4095 with the laser and comp. I had the laser attached for a while, but it bacame clearly obvious to me that it was not needed for anything, imo. It is a pressure switch and it is easily adjustable, but I don't really see a need. It is what it is. The lasers are well built, but with the comp and laser attached, it becomes a bit front end heavy, again, imo.

Btw, I love my 4095 and it is more accurate than most people would think. As for exteded mags...meh. Hi-Point mags have cheap springs and are the cause of any feeding issues probably 99% of the time.

13. bizy

bizy New Member

HiPoint

Those are really cool guns. I had 3.. two 9mm and a 40. They never jam. However I'm not a great shot so I need something that holds alot of ammo.
    I gave mine to my son-in-law, my grandson and son.

14. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Had one, while I never had any problems from it I could never get past the single stack mag and sold it.
    Great gun otherwise.

15. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

ok after a few financial delays got the new ATI stock orderd and installed a red dot on it. When the stock gets here the end of next week I will change it out sight it in and give pics and a range report!!!

16. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

Ok here is the hi point after its upgrades think I actually will do a few more. Lights and lasers and such. Not too bad grouping at 50 yards. [/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Looks good! What magazines are you using?

A lil drum would look very cool, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  18. 995

995 New Member

I like my 995 with the old stock but thinking of getting the new TS stock . And it's sooooooo muck fun to shoot .

19. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

I have been using the factory 10 rnd mags. I bought the 15 rnd mags but they seem to cause feed problems. I agree if somone would come up with a drum mag I would buy one just for the looks, and if it worked I would buy three for the fun!!!!

20. DarkFreedom

DarkFreedom New Member

I have the 995TS with green laser on the front. Good looks, good accuracy, and comfortable feel.

[​IMG]

Skullcrusher, hi point only makes 10 round clips for their carbines. The extended mags that people get for these things are from a company called Promag. Promag extended clips are notorious for not working well in the classic 995. Since the TS model came out, Promag also updated their clips to fit and from what I have seen on the hi point forums, they seem to have gotten most of the problems and bugs worked out.

One tip, the 995 "classic" and 995TS use different clips, if you buy more spares, make sure they are the style for your weapon!!!

The new TS model has LRHO and the front of the clip's feed is cut lower for this it work properly.