HiPoint 4095 Carbine

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by RL357Mag, Jul 4, 2009.

1. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Ammo = Reloads, 180gr. Hornady FP FMJ over 6.5 gr. Unique

Distance = 50 yds.
    Rest = Sandbag
    Conditions = 72 degrees & gusty

This gun is fun! The white triangle is 1 3/4" across the top and 2" sides. No jams, virtually no recoil, and a great home defense/survival/CQB weapon with Hornady XTP HP ammo. Comes w/ interchangeable sight rail for mounting optics (scope, red dot). Also available from HiPoint is an under-barrel laser sight w/mount for $50.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Very nice. I love my 4095! I got one that came with the laser and comp nib. The laser is cool, but I took it off. I don't know if I will keep it or not. You do need to have the compensator for the laser.

3. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

You bet Skull! That's the best $189 I ever spent on a gun. I shot it last year at 100 yds., and while I needed to aim about 2' higher, the groups were 6-8". I didn't know they made a compensator? Living in this sh!thole state of NY I couln't buy one anyway...not that I need a laser, although it might be cool for night shooting. I never even used the scope rail - for a carbine it seems ridiculous when the peeps work as well as they do.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I actually put a small scope on mine, but I have been thinking about going back to open sights. I never did try out the ghost ring.

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I don't know how old your eye's are, but mine only function with peeps or scopes! Again, I can't see the benefit to a scope on a 50yd. gun unless I was target shooting- it may be interesting to see what it's REALLY capable of! I may take it deer hunting this fall. I think a 180gr. HP going at about 1500 FPS should take a deer at 50 yds. with good shot placement?

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

My eye is still good. The scope I got for it is a BSA Deerhunter. I think it is only 3x, whatever it is, it is not much. I wish I could use mine for hunting legally. I believe it will easily kill a deer at 50 yds and even a little farther. (don't forget to shoot it in the face, bwhaaaa :D)

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You guys' enthusiasm alone for this firearm makes me want one,lol.

Do they have magazine feeding issues? I've heard that a few times. I saw a guy at the range with a .40 hi-point pistol and the thing kept jamming on him.

8. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I have experienced maybe a handful of jams in the 5 years I have owned it - in that time I have put over 2000 rds. of various ammo through it. I don't get jams since I started shooting 180 gr. ammo, and I have 4 mags for mine. Also the HiPoint (Beemiller) customer support is the best in the industry. I posted a story last year about my experience with their service where they replaced my barrel after I had a squib load jam the barrel. They also gave me a new stock, magazine, sling, scope mount, and "buffed" the trigger - all for free. They even shipped it back to me on their dime because I forgot to pre-pay the return shipping!

9. bbf5x4

bbf5x4 New Member

Originally Posted by bbf5x4
    I have a hi point 9mm, and like alot of people I thought it was ugly, so I did the ATI stock, looks great now, I also got the ATI camo, my idea was to buy a 4095 to match it to, even though the 4095 & the 995 look identical I'm told they are different, now can the ATI be modified to fit the 4095 and what all has to be done to make it work, before I buy the 4095?

let me know, bb

The New American Mafia - The Federal Goverment

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Personally I don't care for the ATI stock. Beauty is in the eye's of the beholder, and IMO ALL guns are a thing of beauty! I don't think the ATI stock for the 995 will fit. A good friend has a 995 and when I compared the two, they were different enough where the stocks did not look like they would interchange. The 995 is a shorter gun, but almost identical in accuracy. His 995 made slightly larger groups, but he was shooting factory ammo also.

11. NComfort

NComfort New Member

Sup guys!! Just joined up, and couldn't wait to reply. I have both the hipoint 40 cal. carbine and handgun. I've use the carbine for hunting and it works perfectly for close spaces. I've got mine sighted in for around 60 yards. I've harvested deer with it, it performed without a hitch. The handgun is by far my favorite weapon. I've shot over 1000 rounds out of it; not one misfire, jam, or anything. I've grouped 10 rounds in about the size of a 50 cent piece at 30 yards. The best thing about these weapons is that the magazines are the same! I was able to same a little bit of money this way. Hope this helps. God bless.

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Wow, deer with a 40 s&w carbine, that's just cool.

Welcome to the forums, be sure to stop by the intro forum and introduce yourself.

I'm interested in hearing more about your hi-points, and sseing PICS!!

13. herb13

herb13 New Member

Same here...although I've never hunted with them H-P carbines have never failed me and I have all 3 calibers! It's hard to pick a favorite but the .45 is nice for the bigger impact but the 9mm is almost as affordable to shoot as a .22! I carry the 40cal in my truck...

Nice rifles!

Attached Files:

14. Kdub

Kdub New Member

These guns are so Damn ugly I just got to have one. I love the unconventional look. Where you get them for 189? cheapest I found was 250ish.

15. herb13

herb13 New Member

I think he meant the pistols cost $189...carbines run $250-350+ used, depending on accessories, around here but have seen store ads for 9mm carbines at $269...but they never have them when one goes to buy.

16. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I have a 4095 also and love it. Very accurate and reliable. Mine has a 3X9 scope on it as my 59 year old eyes ain't so great any more! I took a deer with mine as well using Hornady 180 gr hollow points. One shot and it was down in about 50 yards. Made a mess of the heart, lungs.