Hiking and Hunting near Kusel, Germany

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jagermeister, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I went hiking/hunting for about 10 hours this Saturday. I did not harvest anything, but I enjoyed the time by myself. This hunting revier is near Baumholder, which use to base the 101st Armored Division.

Attached Files:

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Jager, looks like great hunting property. An armed walk in the woods is food for the soul, harvesting game is the icing on the cake!

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The green sign is for help. You call the police and give the number on the sign.

Attached Files:

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

More pics.........

Attached Files:

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jager,

Fantastic pictures! And the woods is a great place to cleans the soul! Better than medicine! That is why I live in the hills of Tennessee and five miles from town! Left the city life in 2003 and never looked back!
    Thanks for the great pictures!

Attached Files:

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Thanks for the pictures.

7. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Jagermeister nice to be able to work and live in such a beautiful area.
    Beautiful pictures

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The last set........I did not see one human being for 10 hours. My soul was rejuvenated and I felt at peace.

Attached Files:

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jager,

Once again Fantastic!

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Sometimes I take my AR on a hike on a revier. Now that is the life! An AR in your hands and a pistol on your side. Life is good.:D

11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

There is some beautiful countryside in Germany. I was there a few times the last time a long time ago see bellow.

12. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Was the excercise a counter offensive training in case of Soviet invasion? We have RAF personnel at Ramstein AB. There is a small store on base that sells British goods. It has been a long time since I shopped there. I remember golf tournaments between US and british airmen. I wonder if that still goes on at the Woodland Golf Course. Hmmm?

13. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth!

14. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I remember the REFORGER excercises (Redeployment of Forces to Germany) conducted by NATO. Later, to cut costs, that was turned into more of a tabletop/computer exercise with single vehicles representing larger units. We would have deployed somewhere close to Fulda to fire our Lance missile in the event of a Soviet/Warsaw pact aggression. The Lance firing in Crete:
    [​IMG]
    Really nice pics Jaeger, rock on bro :cool:

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I remember the reforger exercises. My father in law also participated back in the day. To be honest, I believe Germany was a better place to live when there was West Germany. A Lot of West Germans agree.

16. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I started hearing that right after the wall came down , lol.