Hiker finds stash of AK-47s in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Trez, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I wish I woulda found these... ;)

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I'd like to find all those Winchester rifles that are somewhere out there. If I'm ever in that area, I'm going hunting. :D

4. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

They'd have sure been secured if I had found them,,,,no doubt about that.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Awesome!! It would have been hard for me to lug those out of the canyon but I sure would have tried. :D

6. totallyfrozen

totallyfrozen New Member

"badly rusted" and appeared to have been there for "sometime". I have to admit I would have reported the find to the police. Sounds pretty suspicious to me--especially given the proximity to our southern border. It's not unlikely--IMO--that these weapons were used in a crime at some time. Might be why they were dumped in that fashion.
    In any case, I wouldn't have kept them. My freedom is worth more to me than a bag full of rusty AKs.

7. W. C. Quantrill

a little rust never hurt any AK. I'm with you, Winds, I would have left my food, clothes and gear there and headed down to my truck with a full pack of iron. hahahahah The Mexicans would have come back to find an empty bag,,,,,hahahahahah

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

They could have been turned over to the mexican drug runners... one bullet at a time. Especially considering how they can get their hands on full auto with their strict gun laws, and we can't. It would only be fitting.

9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

"I would have left my food, clothes and gear there"
    I'm just glad I did not see W. C. Quantrill carrying a few AK's with no clothes:eek:
    If they were full auto's I might have turned them in. Or not!
    Maybe I should start doing more hiking closer to the border.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hmmm , wonder if those had already been modified to F/A

11. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

I w have been sorely tempted to liberate one if to only limit the temptation of our Govt lending them out - again...

12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Possibility of them being used in a crime / murder would make me reluctantly turn them over.

13. W. C. Quantrill

From a local paper down there~~

"Hikers apparently are now subject to Mexican drug cartels stashing powerful weapons along areas where they used to be able to safely enjoy being outdoors. I'll be interested to know if any of these guns are linked to Operation Fast and Furious however, even if they are, I doubt ATF will be letting us know because after all, more Fast and Furious weapons traced means more bad PR for Holder's Justice Department."

The cache of weapons was 3 AK's and 4 magazines. Just the right size to fold the stocks and drop in the back pack. I'd go shuffling down that trail whistling "She'll be comin' around the Mountain". hahahahahaha I doubt that i'd have forgone what I was wearing, but I would have dumped everything in the pack fo sho!!!

14. orangello

orangello New Member

I would've had to leave some poop in that bag for them, maybe some .223 too if i felt like being a real jerk.

15. m72law

m72law New Member

So part of Eric Holders stash was found:D

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

W.C., I didn't say anything about leaving my clothes. That was your idea.

Yeah, I envisioned W.C hauling AK's buck naked. Like that wouldn't attract any attention. :eek:

17. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

They were probably full auto from the factory.

18. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I'm sure everyone means they'd be securing them for the authorities. The only thing I would have taken were the serial numbers and photos before I brought the police to them as opposed to you guys who would be more helpful, apparently.

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

How can this be? This is Phoenix AZ. Rust is unknown to the locals. :p