Highpoint?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by The5Last5Rebel, Mar 23, 2012.

1. The5Last5Rebel

The5Last5Rebel New Member

What's your take on the Highpoint auto pistols? From what I've heard they all do not last long. Is there really a life time warranty on them?

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

They are a waste of time and $ unless you want an exspensive boat anchor/door prop/paper weight;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

Completely agree with marlin man on this

4. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

There is a lifetime warranty on all Hi-Point firearms. I have one of each caliber handguns and a 4595TS carbine. I like the idea of having the entire set: CF .380, C9 9mm, JCP .40, and JHP .45. All my Hi-Points shoot very well and I enjoy them all.

5. Misfire

Misfire New Member

At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Hi-Point guns. It all depends on the intended purpose. Would I use one for self defense? Stake my life on it? Absolutely not. But for cheap fun, they can't be beat. If you buy a Hi-Point and there is anything wrong with it, they WILL make it right. They will do it fast. And they will do it free. And, due to the fixed barrel on the pistols, they are surprisingly accurate. I bought one back when I was on a strict budget and it was all I could afford at the time. Fun as hell to shoot.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dam pics ain't workin :mad:

This will do---

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  7. ares338

ares338 New Member

I haven't found anything wrong with the Hi Point that I own. My S&W .40 is accurate as it needs to be and doesn't have FF's, Fe's or anything else. Yes it's heavy, but if I run out of ammo I cab beat the bad guy to death with it. Don't like it......don't own one! Pretty simple eh?

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I have the 380. It works fine. I'd trust my life to it. (If I could lug it around all day)

9. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Its the pistol everyone should have in their truckbox/tacklebox because its tough, cheap, and you don't care if you scratch it all up.
    Works like a sewing machine...hard as heck to kill 'em...and if you do, send it back to Hi-Point, they'll fix it!!

And as was said before, if ya run outta ammo, you can bash the bad guy's skull in with it!!

I find them delightfully tacky, yet unrefined...ugly as an AK with the same reliability.

Its the pistol you DON'T tell your friends about...kind of like the fat chick you banged in high school...or last week ;)

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I am thanking of buying the 9mm,the .40 the .45 in handgun and in the carbine. I would use them to give to other people in my group if shtf if I could not spar any other guns. And when I have friends over that like to shoot but don't have anything to shoot. Some people I just wouldn't even let touch my ar or other guns.

11. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

If you want a high point, then buy a high point. I'm tired of seeing people sticking their noses up with no solid reasoning, not even sure they have even shot one. mostly seem to just hate on them. The people who have bought them largely have great reviews. Besides the most obvious, weight, look. But great accuracy, reliability from what I've read from numerous sources. Do I own a high point? No I carry a Hk USP. 40, but don't just sh*t on something just because its not my preference. If you feel like getting one, maybe its what you can afford, maybe you just want a cheap pistol to see for yourself, Nike that sh*t,,, just do it.....

12. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

You are correct buy what every you like. But other shooters have ideas about handguns. They have a right to express them. I have found over many years of owning and shooting handguns it is about quality. Most of us have at some point owned budget weapons. Almost without exception we would not tell some one else to buy one. :)

13. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

+1 with Bear. I get asked about preferences all of the time being in the business. If you cannot afford a more expensive gun, then go with something like a Hi Point. They aren't the best for concealed carry due to their bulk, primarily. Still, they are better than some other bargain basement weapons which would be more akin to a Saturday Night Special then these are.

Customer service is another consideration that buyers should take into consideration. I know for fact that Hi Point backs up their products. So does Kel Tec. For long guns, Mossberg is first rate. For some more $$, FMK and SCCY backs up their products. SCCY has the most comprehensive warranty on the market, a lifetime transferable warranty. Not too bad for a $299 retail 9mm pistol. It's a nice shooting, concealable semi that I'd recommend and am going to own soon myself. These are all US made guns, also. The budget priced weapon makers have to back up their products if they wish to be competitive, along with making them to some quality to begin with.

Go with what you can afford and what you like. Everyone has opinions, myself included, and you know what they say about opinions.

14. Misfire

Misfire New Member

I guess I'm one of the exceptions. Yes, it is about quality, but expensive does not equal quality. And inexpensive does not equal a lack of it. I buy guns based on their performance, and the reputation of the company. Not the size of their price tag.

15. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

True to a degree, I'm not saying you have to go out and buy only Ed brown, les Baer, and Lazzeroni. But do the research, ask "knowledgable" people, not just gun forum creeps that go strictly off opinion. I have a few "cheap" guns that I worked over and I love them. Yet I still love my high dollar firearms. It's what you like but make sure it's reliable Every Time! All the time! If you have to trust your life with it make sure it works 100% of the time, with every ammo you plan on using, make sure it shoots to at least your acceptable level of accuracy and last but not least have some pride in ownership.

16. BallisticSurgeon

BallisticSurgeon New Member

17. Misfire

Misfire New Member

I've said before. I do NOT recommend a Hi-Point as a carry gun. Yes, when your life depends on it, you want something that you know is going to be 100% reliable, 100% of the time. But for general plinking and just plain fun, they can't be beat. If I was going to be a professional mechanic, whose livelihood depended on his tools, I wouldn't buy them from Harbor Freight. But I have a bunch of Harbor Freight tools that work just fine for tinkering around the house, or doing routine maintenance on my car. Guns are like any other tool, you have to consider the intended purpose.

18. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

If anyone does not like Hi-Point guns, fine, don't get one.
    I like Hi-Point guns, and I have one of each caliber Hi-Point offers.
    Plus, all my Hi-Point guns are loaded and ready for self defense.
    Each one of my Hi-Point guns will reduce the threat to its lowest level.

19. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Who are ranger-1 through 5? I'm sorry its just been nagging at me. Any who, if your happy with the quality of a highpoint then that is great. If you trust that for the money you paid, that the proper safety checks and quality materials were used for that weapon to sustain long repeated use then good.

I dont, I dont think a Deawoo is an awful car but I'm not rushing to the lot to Buy one no matter how good of a deal it is.

20. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Ranger-1: Security/Point
    Ranger-2: Demolition
    Ranger-3: Radio/RTO-AM
    Ranger-4: Radio/RTO-FM
    Ranger-5: Sniper
    Ranger-6: Patrol Leader