High School G.P.A. and classes taken

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Aug 20, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Here it is:

I graduated (was never inelligeble for sports) with a 1.98 GPA

I took all college prep classes including 4 yrs of French. 5x letterman in varsity sports.

I was accepted into college based on my near perfect A.C.T. score.

Ironically, I once blew .196 into a breathalizer and spent the night in jail.

What you got? :D

2. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Damn thats close to me, 1.97 high school gpa (4 time letterman wrestling 2 in baseball woohoo) 1300 sat when it was still out of 1600 and a 32 on the act. Got a 2.97 in my undergrad, and currently working on a 3.70 in my mba program.

3. Kain

Kain Member

4.0 GPA through high school.
    1590 SAT score

Nothing but AP classes my entire Senior year.

Graduated at 17 (three days after my B-day)

3.5 GPA through College

Sociology major. Graduated in '04

I'm living proof education does NOT equal success.

4. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Kain, working at mcdonalds or burger king? :p

I graduated with a 75 avg, whatever GPA that turns into. Went through 2 semesters of college, enough for me. Here I am.

S.S.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I never took the SAT. My ACT score was 34. I was 3x in wrestling and 2x in footaball. Wouda been 3x in football, but I had knee surgery that kept me out a little more than 1/2 the season my sophmore year. I quit playing baseball thru the school after my freshman year. I played in the summer leagues thru the American Legion. Heck, I even took French in college. Never finished the undergrad, but I got my share. :D

6. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Bummer about the knee, what weight were you?

Funny, I took four years of french in high school, tested out of it for language in college, and now I cant speak a word.

7. Kain

Kain Member

Worse, mechanic currently unemployed.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Graduated college cum laude.

Spent 30 years working for stupid people!

Owned my own business for 10 years. Best job I ever had. (Couldn't argue with the boss!)

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I played football at 'bout 175# and wrestled at 155#'s. I squatted a tad over 500#. I was 'bottom heavy' as I only maxed bench at 235#. No lie, I was 1st team all league in division II football. My senior year in wrestling (3rd year overall) I blew an acl in the District tourney...I was ranked in the top 16 in the state. Blah, Blah, Blah. Glory days be gone...! ;)

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Cum Laude at Youngstown State. Nice, but, meh. My ex-wifey was Magna Cum Laude at Miami of Ohio. She makes tons of $. Still, she is the hottest real world biatch ever! Go figure...:p

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Dropped out of High School, enlisted at the tender age of 17. Along the way have acquired a GED. Also an AAS, BS, MS, cum laude. US Army Command & General Staff College, and a few other trade schools. Have retired twice, work for a good boss 1200 miles away that pays me well to do what I enjoy doing. Will probably retire a 3rd time in a couple of more years, but am having too much fun to quit.

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

13. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

If you can fix Audi's, I've got a wade of cash with your name on it. :)

S.S.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I had 2.0 in high school.

1 letter my sophomore year in football.

Auto shop x4
    Drafting x2
    Won Northern CA High school small engine competition.
    Designed the WSM cases in 1993 at school. I even based mine off the 404 jeffery case with the rebated rim. GO FIGURE.

I was suspended for 1week from K-8th grade (Only one in the family to do that).

Community College 3.9GPA AS Information systems Netwroking and AAS in IT.

GMU 2.0 BS in IT program.

15. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

12 years of public school, 14 different schools, 1.8 GPA, Rifle Club & Sophomore letter in Cross Country, 2 1/2 yrs College, 4 years Military, 3 more years in College after my son was born with focus on Electronics. No degree, never could stand the liberal arts requirements to get there.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

High School Dropout, 4.0 up to that time. Took the G.E.D., so I had a diploma 2 years ahead of my class.

17. Bill of Ojai

Bill of Ojai New Member

Psychology major. Couldn't find a job but at least I know why.

18. WDB

WDB New Member

Finished high school with a 3.8 GPA and a scholarship not for my GPA but for baseball. I joined the USMC instead, imagine the rub that caused with my Dad a USMC vet. He wanted more for his sons (I'm a twin) my bother went to cainbridge and is a talented chef. I went to the USMC, eight years and in that time seen a lot of life, got a BS degree in engineering (something I honestly haven't used). Built my own business and did the first tour in the sand as a reserve LT. Different lives for two sons of a good man. It works. It's not so much about where you start as it where you end up and how you get there.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I was kicked out of boyscouts for fighting. I was kicked out of a forced choir class for fighting. I was even made to transfer highschools for........wait for it....fighting! After graduating I lost my job for, ffiiiiiighting in a restaurant. I had issues :D

Didn't want anything to do with school for a while, but eventually took some cnc programming classes and became a programmer/machinist and have been doing that for way too long.

Don't remember my gpa in H.S. I was too busy.

The place I work offers full paid education at my school of choice and doesn't have to be business related. I haven't taken advantage of it either. I'm too busy fighting.

20. Robert NC

Robert NC New Member

High School
    Finish AA in Criminal Justice While in Korea
    Retired 11 years later. Civilian LEO alot different that Army CID.
    Went back to Community College 3.9 GPA in Automotive Technolgy and doing what I enjoy