high quality blades w a small price tag

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Marlinman, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ill start this off w a few of my favorites

ForumRunner_20121007_002837.jpg

ForumRunner_20121007_002919.jpg

The 1st one is my Buck bantam ridgeline I carry daily I paid $20 for at academy. The second is a frost cutlery I bought in a box of other knives at an auction for $50.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i like these two. bought them at Lowes. the bone looking handled one for about $12 and the black one for about $11. they are a brand called Appalachian Trail. they hold a good edge, sharpen fairly easy, and so far have stood up to the abuse i give knives on a daily basis.

Attached Files:

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Here's my Appalachian trail knife. I traded for this one

ForumRunner_20121007_005055.jpg

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a Buck knife i bought years ago that has held up well. paid less than $20 for it at WalMart.

my Smith knife sharpener. bought at lowes for about $16. works pretty good.

Attached Files:

5. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

When did you buy that Bantam? It has a different handle than mine.
    [​IMG]

They aren't bad knives, strong blade and handle on 'em, but the pocket clip leaves a little to be desired (kept coming loose) and the lock isn't very strong.

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

It is hard to beat Kershaw pocket knives, especially the ones designed by Ken Onion. They have many styles under $50.00, and they are outstanding values at the price.

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

1st week of may. Mine the clip is riveted on and that includes the lanyard hole as well.

8. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I really like the cold steel knife I recently purchased. Its a good worker and if I have to jump the solenoid to start a piece of equipment I won't shed a tear.

9. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I carry a leatherman for that kinda stuff

10. SleazyRider

SleazyRider New Member

I'm a low-budget kind of guy, but appreciate well-built, highly utilitarian knives. That's why I carry the SOG Blink, a 25-dollar assisted opener that opens fast with one hand and carries flat. If my wife lets me keep a few dollars on payday, I use it as a money clip.

[​IMG]

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

My go-to knife is a Kershaw, Ken Onion designed, Shallot model 1840ST. All SS knife and made in the good ol USA!

Got it NIB on the bay for $26+ship ~$30 total but I shopped for two weeks looking for the right auction.

It is a one hand, assisted open knife. Fit and finish is +1 Kershaw quality.

Attached Files:

12. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Kershaw Storm II, large knife but thin...I hardly notice it.

Attached Files:

13. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

My cheap, EDC knife is a Duck DK0020 assist opening folder. Slim, decent weight, good pocket clip, and it has held up to the abuse I have put it through over the last 8 months. I picked it up for $28.50 at a Nevada truck stop during a trip back from Komifornia. It has ridden in my right pocket ever since. The picture is from the company's catalog, don't have any pictures of it myself, so I had to find one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  14. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Here are two of my bargain favorites.
    (Hint: they are made in the U.S.A. )

Attached Files:

15. clutchcyle1

clutchcyle1 New Member

Here's the larger kershaw one ton and the kershaw cryo. 20 and 30 dollars respectively. Both have 8cr13mov steel which can take a great edge. The cryo is assisted.

image-1487574696.jpg

16. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Well, if its a Kershaw think, The WhirlWind and BlackOut are pretty nice.