Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prices of ammo are going down but many online and store Retailers are still trying to max out profits by not lowering prices and leaving it on their shelves, apparently.
bought 120 round boxes in April at Academy for $60.00. Now they want $89.95 on the shelf and it is just sitting there. A whole lot of peopel bought a lot of ammo, r as much as they could budget and now can't find space under the couch for more, so to speak or maybe not.. I'm still sitting on a few thousand components waiting on wife to make space in our gun room her office now.
Who knows I might be able to afford to practice in a few months.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Everywhere I'm looking online prices are coming down for the calibers I'm interested in, except .25 ACP. Quite a few sites have free shipping too.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
That’s what happens when you spend too much for something. The price comes down and now you can’t afford it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Prices of ammo are going down but many online and store Retailers are still trying to max out profits by not lowering prices and leaving it on their shelves, apparently.
bought 120 round boxes in April at Academy for $60.00. Now they want $89.95 on the shelf and it is just sitting there. A whole lot of peopel bought a lot of ammo, r as much as they could budget and now can't find space under the couch for more, so to speak or maybe not.. I'm still sitting on a few thousand components waiting on wife to make space in our gun room her office now.
Who knows I might be able to afford to practice in a few months.
120 round boxes of what ?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
120 round boxes of what ?
120 rounds 0f .223 55fmj 59.95. On shelf now Federal Eagle, Ithink 5.56 62 125 rounds 89.95. Not exact comparison of course.
I thought by now the .223 would be $50.00 ish/55,grain 120 rounds and the 62 grain 5.56 would be $ 60.00 ish125 rounds.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It probably won't come all the way down to where it was before but let it come down as far as you can before buying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts