high pressure in factory rounds

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Mossyoakman3006, May 16, 2011.

1. Mossyoakman3006

Mossyoakman3006 New Member

So I have a box of once fired Winchester Supreme brass that I shot out of my rem 700 22-250 just started reloading and have done some research on excessive pressure signs in fired brass. Well after tumbling I looked all of the brass over one of the case necks where cracked and all of the cases have a slight blunge,too be honest I dont know what would concidered bad but it is noticeable. also after I deprimed the cases almost all of the primers are flat, again I dont have enough experiance to know to what level they are flattened but there is no longer a bevel to the primers at all and there is a small lip where the primer wall moved out. As soon as I can take some good pics I will post them. my question is should I even attempt to reload this brass or just toss it? Also should I worry about any damage this may have caused to my firearm, I have shot 3 boxes of this stuff but this is the first box that I have looked at closely.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. Mossyoakman3006

Mossyoakman3006 New Member

[​IMG]
    Dont know if this helps it was the best pic I could get

3. buckfynn

buckfynn New Member

I can't tell from the photo where your case is cracking/bulging. It could be due to a variety of issues. It really depends where on the case it is cracking/bulging. I have seen some .22-.250 cases crack/bulge when the head space in wrong.

You might try a different brand of ammo and see what happens. I have had problems with Winchester brass doing some goofy things in the past. I have had good luck reloading from R/P and Hornady brass.