High powered sling shot

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by shawn_c2000, Jan 26, 2013.

1. shawn_c2000

shawn_c2000 New Member

Hey guys and gals was wondering what y'all's thoughts are about a high power slingshot for bob bag great benifit is you can shoot anything

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They can be very powerful,very accurate and illegal depending on where you live. Check local laws.

3. capto56

capto56 New Member

This vid was posted in another thread. I've ordered my sling and have my whisker biscuit already.

Nice part is you can easily convert it back to shoot ball bearing ammunition by flipping down the whisker biscuit. I'll post a pic once I make mine and try it out.

http://youtu.be/-6LxKfpAPYA

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

This is kind of funny.

Me and my roommate shoot guns all the time, since we can shoot in our back yard. We also both bow hunt, so we shoot our compound bows in the yard.
    One day, out of boredom we set up a slingshot course in the back yard, and ran it with a timer, and it ended up being really fun. We ended up doing like 5 rematches that day.

I find it funny, since we shoot Ar-15's, pistols, shotguns and bows, you wouldn't think a slingshot would be fun, but it was a good challenge. I'd get one just for fun.

5. hoovco

hoovco New Member

This is awesome. I'm making one today.

6. fupuk

fupuk New Member

That is a good idea. Ive been buying alot more pellets so I can shoot that for some real cheep fun.

7. capto56

capto56 New Member

Here it is. Looks just like the video. Not much to it. I still need to get a couple arrows and the hard rubber game heads.

image-749694800.jpg

Kind of a little more difficult to bend back the whisker biscuit to shoot ball bearings. More difficult than he makes it look in the video. And if its loose enough, it feels too loose to shoot an arrow out of it.

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

capto...do you know anything about bowhunting? If not, look into small game tips, they're designed for squirrels and birds, something this would be really good for.

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Oh, and buy some spare tubes...that rubber wears out and cracks around a year...

10. capto56

capto56 New Member

Check and check. I ordered a spare band when I ordered my slingshot.

Just went to ***mart and grabbed a couple arrows for $2.50 a piece.

image-130705682.jpg

Golf tees for grip if you haven't seen the video.

image-2907644771.jpg

These look they could do some damage.

Attached Files:

11. capto56

capto56 New Member

Born and raised in Michigan. Been hunting and fishing all of my life. I've even shot a zebra :)

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

Hunting Zebra In Michigan? Bet the Zoos love that! lol

13. capto56

capto56 New Member

Detroit zoo ;) that's why they don't have anymore.

I went to South Africa when I was 16 with my family on a church missions trip.

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I was in South Africa kwazulu natal, Durban. I saw hundreds of zebra. They're everywhere

15. capto56

capto56 New Member

We were near Johannesburg. We went through Kruger. That was pretty awesome.

16. shawn_c2000

shawn_c2000 New Member

What do y'all know about the Barnett cobra or blackwodow

17. capto56

capto56 New Member

Not too much. But looking at the pictures of them, I'm not sure how they could convert to a slingshot bow. Dunno if that's what you were intending or not.

18. shawn_c2000

shawn_c2000 New Member

Yes and no I have a 40 pound light weight youth bow that's small and compact for that but at the same time I like the idea of a "back up"

19. capto56

capto56 New Member

Right. I like the fact that you can still shoot regular ammunition out of it instead of just an arrow. I'm looking forward to testing mine out. Won't be able to until Monday though.

Anyone have any idea of a better way to secure the golf tee to the arrow? It doesn't seem trustworthy in a survival situation. Maybe a small screw threw them both?

20. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Maby a hot glue gun would do the trick?