High Point History?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by clr8ter, Sep 11, 2011.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Recently I read a thread about High Point, and visited their website. I've heard enough good things about them that I'd like to give them a try. I am interested in their company history, but can't seem to find anything. Their website, while in good working order and seemingly complete, is also somewhat vague....anyone got any info on them?

2. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Go to wikipedia and type in POS.............just kidding, nobody get there panties in a wad. I dont know a thing about them except that they are really inexpensive, and that would scare me about the quality.

3. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I think that your problem with finding them may be linked to incorrect spelling of the name; Hi-Point.

Here is their Wiki page, Hi-Point Firearms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Im glad you brought this up because, although I live just a little ways from their factory, I never researched their company.

Hope this helps!

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

My biggest question is... Is why did hi point choose the slide design tht they use?

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The barrel of the Hi-Point is fixed to the frame, unlike other larger calibers (those greater than the .380ACP). The larger slide helps to control slide travel so it does not release too soon and allow a cartridge to finish the burn cycle unsupported.