High Point C-9

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BIGGIN, Jan 22, 2013.

1. BIGGIN

BIGGIN New Member

Looking to buy a High Point C-9 or Armscor 200 or 206. Can anyone help me out. Need something cheaper for my girlfriend to keep at home for protection.

2. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Try a S&W sdve 9 or 40 great reliable firearm and inexpensive.

3. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

I'd look for a used Glock before buying a new Hi Point... and I hate Glocks. Just my opinion.

4. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I have a hi point and it is absolutely flawless, its heavy, ugly, cheap, no questions asked life time transferable warranty, it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger, has never jammed, I have other firearms but the way I look at it is, if I ever do have an intruder and I shoot him I don't want to lose a 1000 dollar gun to the police evidence, so my 200 handgun stays by the bed in a nightstand, imho there is nothing wrong with hi points, they are solidly built for the price.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

There's a difference between cheap, and inexpensive. The hi point is inexpensive.

6. cgersty

cgersty New Member

That's what I was gonna post but some gun snobs will climb all over you, its cheap to buy but imho its a reliable, quality, simple, well built handgun, imho its the best one in its price range.

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Great gun from what I understand, have read and heard from owners.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  8. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I have the .45 hi point, I know guys that won't shoot it and say its junk cause I didn't pay near as much as they did for their kimbers or 1911s and the look their face is priceless when I shoot just as good with my 200 fun as they so their high dollar guns.

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

From what I've seen, it's bulky, heavy, uglier than any GLOCK could ever hope to be, and works great as a boat anchor, or as a blunt object to throw at an attacker if you run out of ammo.
    It is also reliable, damn near indestructible, and backed by an amazing warranty and customer service.

10. Nickwashere

Nickwashere New Member

My friend got one that jammed every time, shipped it to the factory and it shipped back and hasn't failed in 2000 rounds.. The trigger is terrible and its got a akward weight distribution.. Just shoot it alot with the ammo you intend to use to ensure proper function.. They are tough as hell.. He never cleans his even left it in the rain lol

11. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Yep, no questions asked warranty no matter who bought it or who owns it, I have a lot of rounds through mine AMD it has not once jammed or ftf, or fte absolutely no problems what so ever.

12. BIGGIN

BIGGIN New Member

C-9

Dont mind the ribbing at all. If someone wants to buy me a 600 dollar gun i will sure shoot it with a smile on my face. I dont think thats going to happen any time soon. Thanks for all the info, Got one on order as we speak.

13. cgersty

cgersty New Member

That's what I feel about them too!

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

You can do a lot better than a Hi-Point when it comes to a pistol.

But relative to the cost...it's close to impossible to do better than a Hi-Point, when it comes to a sub-$200 pistol.

Everyone's tastes, priorities, budgets, and perceived needs are different. I don't own a Hi-Point and probably never will. I have nicer guns and am appreciative that they fall within my budget. But if you told me I had just $200 to spend on my soul handgun, Hi-Point is precisely where I would start.

Just my opinion.

15. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Everyone hates them because they look ghastly but everyone i know who has one has not had one problem with them. If youre looking for something very cheap and cant find any used handguns i would say go for it, would hurt to keep im a night stand

16. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Here's my 45

Attached Files:

17. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had a 45. Great gun. Sorry I got rid of it. Been thinking about buying one just to throw in a backpack.

18. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Yep, never had a problem with mine, would make a good truck gun too, not afraid to let it get scratched or if you drop it you don't freak out lol

19. cbibb

cbibb New Member

I live near Mansfield Ohio were they are built ive fired just about every one also there carbines and yes they are ugly and it is like shooting a brick but it goes bang every time Good luck

20. Palms

Palms Member

What's with the ugly? I've owned a dozen pistols of all brands and calibers. Life only allows me a C9 and JHP 45, plus a Savage 64F today. I love my HP's. And, Just for the fun of it, there are uglier ones out there for much more $. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder BUT, as for me for some of my targets out to 50 feet from a standing position, couldn't do better. Let it rest as to each it's own but don't criticize what you don't have.