High Capacity Sidearm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by HawkI, Jul 7, 2010.

1. HawkI

HawkI New Member

I'm looking to buy a high capacity sidearm. I don't necessarily want a typical semi-auto like a Beretta or Glock, but something that is a submachine gun style pistol like a Mac-10. Criteria for what I'm looking for would be:

1. Accurate to 75 yds, give or take.
    2. At least 15-round capacity magazine.
    3. No more than $400-450.
    4. Chambered for 9mm (preferably).
    5. Fairly reliable and durable.

Thanks.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Not sure a machine pistol can be had for the price range you seek. They are spendy and semi-auto unless you get a class 3 tax stamp for one. Your better off with a xdm 9mm by Springfield arms which holds I believe 16 rounds. You are still looking at 500 to 600 bucks.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010

3. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

These 2 are gonna be problems I suspect in a sub.... What is your desired use? Maybe we can offer alternatives...

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

That's odd criteria for sure. About the closest I can conceive of is a KelTec Sub2000 but it's actually a rifle, albeit a very compact one chambered in 9mm.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRHa_rKL6yE"]see video[/ame]

They cost $300-400. The Glock17 version will accept Glock mags in capacities of 10, 17, or 33. Very portable and certainly concealable behind/under a car seat, but hardly a "sidearm". They are accurate beyond 100yds. I hit two clay targets in two shots at 100yds the other day using only the peep sights. I'm a pretty mediocre shot, so luck was involved. But it's accurate enough.

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Only "fairly reliable" ??? You could get an XD or an XDm for that price and have more capacity, it will go bang every time and shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger all day long.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I don't know of any pistols that are accurate out to 75yrds. Why?? At that range you need a rifle.

A Mac-10 is a spray and pray gun, not a target pistol.

A CZ75b can hold a 19+1 magazine, XDm9's come with 19+1 magazines, both are a little more that your criteria.

7. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

im pretty sure the xdm is 19+1

thats pretty high capacity

8. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

and like goju said, if you can accurately shoot, or even HIT a target past 75 yards with a pistol, i wanna be your best friend.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Accurate to 75 yards and $450 max price are mutually exclusive terms in the handgun realm. Dream on.

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, I saw a Mac 10 at Cabellas in Grand Junction the other day. I was surprized with their selection of guns. I just passed over it. I wasn't interested. They are nice and scary looking. But, I don't know how reliable they are. Want to say it was $400 or $500. I figure if Cabelas was selling it, it was semi-auto. I don't know if there is a Cabelas near you.

11. armoredman

armoredman Member

MACs are not accurate, nor the Cobray look alikes, they are room brooms. Only the closing of the National Registry makes them desireable to anyone. I have seen upgrade packages to make them look/handle better, but the basic MAC-10 was a spray and pray firearm.
    The closest you can get to a semi-auto subgun is the one that was made from a subgun - the HK vP70z. It meets all your criteria exactly, if you can find one, been out of print for a while.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

You've got me real curious. Why do want it? Is this simply to have something that looks bad? Or is there something else you have in mind?

If you want something that looks bad, is more fun that a barrel of monkeys, and you can be satisfied with 10 times the ammunition at the same price; then check out this...

Attached Files:

13. HawkI

HawkI New Member

I suppose my criteria weren't well thought out, and I apologize. I like the machine pistol look, although I have been researching around and found the Ruger P95 (not a submachine style, I know). Kinda hijacking my own thread, but what about the P95? 15+1 I believe.

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Within your price perameters, the P95 is one of the best options. For a hi-cap 9mm under $400 you're looking at either a S&W Sigma or a Ruger P-series as probably the best values. Bersa is another solid option. If you're able to extend the budget to $500-600, the options really open up to most of the poly market as well as some really nice CZs.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

One of my shooting buddies has a lil Ruger P95 with the decocker. I don't think i've seen it jam up yet. It was very inexpensive, especially his; he did some electrical work for it. He got a 30 round magazine for it, for plinking fun. I don't like the feel of the grip though, needs some tape or foam. I don't know about the long-range (for a pistol) accuracy you are talking about though; a carbine might be better for that. In a carbine, you could try out a Hipoint 995 without spending much.

16. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

good suggestions dude! the hipoint is a very cheap, very accurate 9mm carbine. definitely wouldnt buy one, but i here decent things and they are DIRT cheap. i would suggest the beretta storm cx4. it comes in 3 calibers i believe, 9mm, .40cal, and .45

very accurate, pretty futuristic looking and again, fairly cheap with a good range and very light weight.

17. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Seems to me you are looking for a S&W Sigma with 15rd mags, easily you could do 100+ yards.:D

You can have it all for under $400.

18. armoredman

armoredman Member

CZ SP01 with 18 round mags, 19 rounders available, plus that czexy European look. :):D

19. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

haha you and that sigma...

20. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a Sigma in .40 and the Ruger P95. As much as I like my Sigma, the P95 is a much more acurate gun because of the trigger on the Sigma. I hand load 140 grain lead semi wad cutters for the P95. That pistol will eat anything a keep tight groups as long as I do my part.