High Capacity Magazine PSA

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by WARFAB, Apr 30, 2013.

1. WARFAB

WARFAB New Member

If we can get over the guy calling them "high capacity", this video is pretty powerful. These guys clearly have some skills and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

[ame="http://youtu.be/7F1nPSNnaBo"]http://youtu.be/7F1nPSNnaBo[/ame]

My apologies if this has already been posted. I think this message is important to get out so I'm sharing it where ever I can.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

3. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Awesome video. I will always have more than 7rds. Regardless.

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

So sad that the fraidy cats arent worried about the crackhead at the door, just John and Jane Q! After-all, You dont need more than 7 bullets to call a coroner...

5. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Didn't time it but I would think from the point the front door was kicked in until the 2nd perp it only spanned about 15 seconds. Something to think about.

6. WARFAB

WARFAB New Member

Wow. Thanks for pointing that out. I would have guessed it was longer than that.

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

That guy doesn't need a larger capacity magazine, he needs a larger caliber handgun.

If that guy had pulled out a 1911 he and his family would still be alive. :D

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, no. there is no credible evidence that the ,45 will stop a fight any faster than a .38, 9MM or ,40.

Bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.

And what kind of ammo was used???

9. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

Exactly. We don't know how many of the rounds he fired actually hit the perp in a vital area. The one round he fired at the second guy apparently hit him in the arm. A .45 to the arm is no more deadly than a .22 to the arm.

10. WARFAB

WARFAB New Member

How many people seriously put in enough range time that they know for certain that they can be accurate in such a stressful situation? Guns are available to law abiding citizens to give them an advantage in a self defense situation whether they are a former Navy Seal or average citizen. Regardless of caliber, more rounds obviously could have made the situation turn out differently and that is the point.

Is a police officer trained better than an average gun owner on how to stop a criminal with deadly force? You know, the guys we're supposed to call to protect us instead of owning our own gun? The cop in this story put 22 .40 cal Ranger SXTs into a criminal before he stopped.

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/training/officer-down-peter-soulis-inci

Forget the caliber. Forget the skill of the shooter. This is about not giving criminals any advantage over law abiding citizens. Magazine limits are a bad idea.

11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

What he needed to do was reload the Firearm. If he was using a 1911 or revolver and forgot to change the mag after 7 rds the result would have being the same.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Why bother with a mag change when you could simply have a larger mag?

13. manta

Why carry a 1911 with a 7 rd mag or revolver are they not fit for purpose. It was not changing the mag that got him shot not the mag cap.

I also see posts arguing that one mag or a loaded revolves is plenty for self defence as stats show that usually in a self defense situation only three shots are fired. Something i disagree with better having extra than not enough.
    I think there are plenty of arguments for not limiting mag cap. But i don't think that whats in the video is a good one. Not having time to change the mag for example but in the video there was plenty of time. Strange thing is even with the strict firearms laws in the UK mag restrictions is not one. Probably because it won't make any difference as a mag can be changed in a few seconds so whats the point. Someone with two 10 round magazines can do just as much damage as someone with one twenty round mag.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  14. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I think y'all are missing the point by bringing up these trivial arguments. The point is someone made a shortvideo, that is dramatic enough to attract attention and it doesn't try to throw facts in your face. We should spread this video everywhere. It is a simple video.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

You can get higher capacity magazines for 1911s, and some 1911s are made for double stack magazines.

The revolver though is kind of stuck at 5-7 rounds. Fine for most purposes, not for fighting off a large amount of attackers.

The changing the mag is the problem. In a stituation where you are stressed and in immediate danger, changing a mag is not something you should have to worry about.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  16. manta

True i have a para ordnance 14-45.

17. Garadex

Garadex New Member

That was a pretty intense video and gets the message across thoroughly.

18. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i just keep thinking about this video.. def need to consider how much ammo i carry regardless of what firearm i carry.

19. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

More of the myth!:(

20. WARFAB

WARFAB New Member

This thread has me a little depressed. Reading some of these comments explains why we (gun owners) continue to lose 2nd amendment rights bit by bit.