Hi standards

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by kycol, Apr 17, 2012.

1. kycol

kycol New Member

I can't begin to tell you my love for the old hi standards 22 pistols. Have a hd military right now, same as the first pistol my dad let me shoot. In my mind there is not any pistol that is as reliable, accurate, and as easy to take apart for cleaning. A local gun store as several old hi standards, and I wish I could buy them all. I would love to hear from people that love them and there stories.

2. kycol

kycol New Member

Really? Are there no other hi standard lovers out there

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'm sure there are-
    Just not this early on a Sunday mournin :eek:

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Count me in as a HUGE High Standard lover. The old ones mind you, not the Mitchells or the new Houston ones. I have amassed quite a few and I shot them all. I have 3 Supermatic Trophies and 2 Victors currently. My old man has one Victor and one Sharpshooter. I have actually been gathering up gear for a range trip this afternoon with my favorite Victor. I typically shoot about 1000 rounds a month through my High Standards. I also own two Ruger Mark II Targets, but neither of them can hold a candle to my High Standards in terms of fit, finish, accuracy, and trigger. I'm definitely a High Standard fan.

5. kycol

kycol New Member

Do you prefer the supermatics over the victors. Also is the hd military the only one with the external hammer?

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I actually like my Victors more. My Trophies all have barrel weights and comps, so they are mostly for show. My Victors have weights too, but I like the way the feel more. Don't know much about the HDs.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I love my old 102.

6- 3/4 bull barrel, competition model.

Bought it for 500$ a couple years ago,

you can't touch them for 1200$ today.

8. 75370

75370 New Member

My High-Standards are among my favorite guns, extremely accurate.
    They are getting pricey, but you get what you pay for.

[​IMG]

9. kycol

kycol New Member

Getting off track here we are talking about hi standards and our love for them. And yes I think that it is very hard to find anything that can beat them for accuracy and reliability.

10. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Will put camera on wish list. I'm a big Victor fan - Hamden CT. Wee bit heavy w barrel weight for one handed work but it just shoots so damn straight.

Rugers take a wee bit of Vorquartzen support to,get up to speed. Some take a lot...

The only issue is finding good magazines. I personally think Victors will outshoot S&W 41 but that is outright heresy to the S&W faithful.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  11. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Hi standard guns

The Hi Standard Victor is the only 22 target pistol I ever shot. It helped me win a lot of matches and championships.

12. Staestc

Staestc New Member

I am lucky enough to have my dad's HD military. He can't shoot it any more, and had owned it since before I was born! Thought I had a picture on the phone, but can't find it. Fantastic pistol, and very much cherished! Was the first pistol I ever shot other than the CO2 BB pistol he taught me with :)

13. kycol

kycol New Member

hd military

Attached Files:

14. ssrvvintage

ssrvvintage New Member

love my hd. my dad had a custom forearm put on many years ago. personally i like this look better than stock.getting ready to strip the wood to get a better match on the two pieces. if anyone has an original magazine they would be willing to sell i would be interested. lost mine, bought a cheap reproduction, does not work as well as the original.[​IMG]

15. kycol

kycol New Member

Here is another high standard.

Attached Files:

16. kycol

kycol New Member

Got another High Standard yesterday

Attached Files:

17. Windlestick

Windlestick New Member

Have a chance to buy a 1970 high standard victor that has never been shot. The guy is asking $900. Seems expensive to me. Thoughts?

18. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

NIB w box etc., if true that would be a find. Used one in good shape was around $600. Never seen a NIB. Mine is from Hamden, CT. The gun shoots better than I can.

Problem is finding ammo she likes - Tgt velocity ammo can get expensive - hell, 22 short is expensive now.

@ $900 level - SW 41 in range (new mags, parts, springs easy available)

Roll of the dice - a good Victor will outshoot SW.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

An online broker I like to use has had one for a few months and I love the idea of getting one, but I just can't see myself enjoying it enough, I hardly take out half my guns when shooting as is and I've got two 22s already. Still a very cool looking gun.

Isn't Hi Standard now one of those Flip 1911 copy manufacturers?

Here's the one I've been looking at, is the 4.5in barrel..

http://summitgunbroker.com/hd-military.html

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  20. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Not to me. That's a pretty good price of he's also got the box and paperwork.