Hi power vs Beretta

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rob072770, Nov 17, 2010.

1. rob072770

rob072770 New Member

any one have an opinion one vs the other money vs value
    9mm or 40 cal

and as always thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

The P-35 hands down, chambered in 9mm.

One of my favorites!

[​IMG]

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

the berretas arent even in the same solar system as the hi-power quality wise.

4. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Make mine cocked and locked please. :D

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I got both of them in 9mm, as well as a CZ 75B, and I would say that each one shoots just a little differently, with decent trigger pulls, all are steel frames and slides, all feel good in my hands, are quick field stripable and all three are very reliable in their function. I have more experience, trigger time and rounds down range with the Beretta because of the military, but that Hi-Power is my damn favorite 9er of the three. Now my Sigs, that's another story. :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The Hi Power is called "King of the Nines" for a reason.

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

No comparison. Hi Power all the way...

8. Texgunner

Texgunner Member

My vote is for the Hi-Power, it is, hands down, my favorite 9mm. I had a Beretta M92 for a while but traded it off. The grip was just to thick for comfort.

9. patret

patret New Member

I like the high power better because it had a frame mounted safety and is single action. The 40 is the better round in my opinion but maybe high power`s are made in 40 caliber. I have a Browning high power and it is the most accurate 9mm that I own.

patret

10. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

How much do these Hi Power guns run?

11. indyfan

indyfan New Member

I've never fired the HP. I didn't like the ergonomics when I held one (I was interested in purchasing it at one time). It's a really slim gun, reminded me of the 1911 ergonomics, something I don't care for either.

I've got squishy hands, so I like rounded fat grips, which is why I went with a Beretta M92FS (I got mine 489.00 used)

The Beretta is an amazing piece of work. The most accurate handgun out of everything I've shot before (1911, Sig's, XD, Glock). It's a bit heavy though, but if you're not using this as a carry weapon, then it shouldn't be a problem.

My vote goes for Beretta. but like I said, I never fired the HP, so I can't pass too much judgement. I would go with whatever feels better in your hands, but just so you know, the Beretta is a reliable, accurate and well machined pistol. Combat proven too. ;)

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yes, the Browning Hi-Power is available in .40. The pistol sells used for ABOUT $500-$700, depending on exact model and condition. If you want one with the shoulder stock (legal) or Nazi markings, drag out yer checkbook. Try one. John Browning got it right this time.

13. Morgo

Morgo New Member

I own and shoot both, I'd take the BHP hands down.

14. misterballistic

misterballistic New Member

I'll go out on the limb and say I would get a Beretta 92FS -- preferably Made in Italy, and in INOX.

No reason specifically but I would prefer the decocker/double-action facilities of the 92FS. The aluminum frame would make it a lighter option, and finally -- just a pointless, subjective, personal preference: it's a damn sexy gun.

15. hemiram

hemiram New Member

I didn't like my HP much at all. It was reliable, but I didn't like the grip much. I sold it off pretty quickly. I never missed it. I really like my 92FS a lot.