Hi point

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jmnx33, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jmnx33

jmnx33 New Member

My coworker is selling his hi point .45. 200 dollars will get the gun and two boxes of .45 ammo is it worth it???

2. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Probably a good deal, you won't be stealing it.

You should looking for lots of interesting advice nd opinions on this one.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

No. Well, it depends on how much those two boxes hold.

Offer $150 for the package if it's two 50 round boxes. But $200 is fair if they're 100 round boxes.

Hi point has raised their prices recently. I guess they've decided to cash in on their cult following, and I don't blame them. But, just as little as 2 years ago, a brand new hi point .45 was priced around $160. A used one, around $110.

4. CapnJack

CapnJack New Member

I ended up buying a HP .45 just b4 SHTF at a lgs and brand new it was $185 with one magazine NIB.

The price was def. right, but besides that i really like and enjoy the gun.:)

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Used Hi-point $100
    2 boxes 45 $40

Good deal for him.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No........................

7. austin92

austin92 New Member

Stay away from hi point. Complete junk

8. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

If you want one then the price is fair to both parties.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Now that's crap. Even if one gets a dud, hi point's customer service and warranty are some of the best in the business. They make it right, no questions asked. Snob statements like this are bull ****.

10. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Id say hold one in your hand first. I geld my friends and just felt "off". Not comfortable at all in my girly hands.

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

From what I have seen, Hi Points are anything but junk. They may be bulky, and they may be ugly, but they are not junk. They are reliable, damn near indestructable, and come with some of the best customer service you could possibly get.

12. austin92

austin92 New Member

I just hate the way they feel and the 2 I've shot jammed every other round

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Did you contact Hi Point? Because they would have fixed them. Many people who own them say they have put thousands of rounds through them without more than a couple jams (possibly caused by the ammo itself). Feel has nothing to do with them being "junk guns".

Maybe this will prove how reliable and indestructable they can be.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoWpog5KU4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmt5QB814Tw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKkQm5TRaWE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKkQm5TRaWE[/ame]

14. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

You dont know what you are talking about. Ive had a C9 pistol and a 995 Carbine both 9mm for several years. The C9 is heavy and only holds 10rds but it is ultra reliable and Ive shot it thousands of times. The carbine has a cheap BSA red dot scopeon it and I would put it up against any 9mm carbine in the accuracy dept.

A buddy of mine had a part break on his 9mm carbine after 1000's of rounds and he sent it back and they basically rebuilt the gun and sent it back with a list of what they did. Very impressive and far from junk.

15. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

And iv'e shot Ruger's that have jammed every other shot too,sounds like the Hi-Point you fired had an issue.

16. jmnx33

jmnx33 New Member

Well I think I am going to get it since it has a lifetime warranty can't beat that! I know everyone thinks it is ugly and bulky but if it is reliable and accurate then who cares.

17. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I agree, I bet he doesnt own one, or has never owned one! I've never had a problem with mine one bit, over 1k rounds down the pipe, it feeds, ejects and goes bang everytime I pull the trigger! Buy it and send it into hi point, they will tune it up and put new springs and such in it, and will even send ya a new magazine back with it.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's a good point.

OP, if you get it, you can just call them and ask if you can send it in for a checkup. I'll bet they'll do that for ya. They also have a reputation of sending extra mags, peep sights, holsters, and even gift certificates for ammo when they return their guns to the owners.

19. cgersty

cgersty New Member

My buddy has one in 40, he wanted od green grips for them, called em up and boom sent em to him for nothing, I have the .45 and wanted the od grips and slide for it, they told me it would be 26$ that's cheap for a new slide and grips, they sent me ghost rings for mine free, and I had a mag base let loose one, I was able to jb weld it to make it work, called em and sent me one, only question asked was my address, now that's what I call customer service, and American made to boot!

20. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Hell I wish they'd make a rimfire pistol or rifle, i would definitely buy one!