Hi point

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by bwalka, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Does anybody have a hi point pistol in any caliber kinda want to get one but don't know what reviews are like. Looking at 380,9 and 45

2. catman76

catman76 New Member

I bought a 45 and a 9. They aren't bad guns but it didn't take me long to upgrade. Good starter pistol. They will throw a bullet at something but I wouldn't bet my life on one.

All else fails they are heavy enough to be a boat anchor

3. grandpa1466

grandpa1466 New Member

As far as shooting they are very reliable and accurate. They are heavy and bulky though, and balance is not great. But they have a lifetime warranty that follows the gun. I love shooting my 40 but almost impossible to carry concealed.

4. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I have the Hi-Point .380 CF and the 9mm C9. I love shoot'n them both; however, the .380 CF is my favorite.

5. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Just shot my buddies Hi-point .45 and my only complaints were the trigger sucked and it was damn ugly :p but it was 100% reliable and accurate once i figured out the trigger.

6. iloveguns21

iloveguns21 New Member

I have a C-9 and it's a fun reliable firearm but has to be cleaned around every 75-100 rounds or it starts jamming up.

7. bwalka

bwalka New Member

I watched videos on YouTube from moss gun and pawn about the high point they can take some damage

8. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Are they picky about ammo thinking about going and getting a 45 tomorrow

9. iloveguns21

iloveguns21 New Member

I've been shooting reloads with out any issues

10. mcb

mcb New Member

I think Hi Point should have its own forum. Seems like a new thread opens up every week.

11. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Gross. Lets pray this doesn't happen.
    What would it be called? The big bulky brick forum?

12. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

I have a c9 with over 1000 rounds through. Great pistol for price.

Makes a great truck gun or HD if you are not wealthy.

Heavy. Which is good when shooting but not good for carry.

Awesome warranty.

Good starter gun to then decide better what you want. I went xd9sc for ccw carry. Tested for it with my c9.

13. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

we already call that one the Glock forum.:D

14. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Buddy had a high point 40 he hated so I bought it for $100 haven't shot it yet but love look and fell still thinking about buying a 45 pistol or a carbine

15. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I have a high point c9 and love it! The onlu complaints I have are that the mag release triggers from the slightest bump and the mag only holds 8 rds. Other than that its a great shooter and not too heavy since they have composite lowers now, 29 oz fully loaded.

I used to have a 9mm carbine and it was awesome. I wish I didn't get rid of it. The carbines are super tough and real accurate. I highly suggest them.

16. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

the wife has a 380 her dad got her when she was in college, it isn't a bad gun, shoots when I pull the trigger, its ugly as hell and when compared with the 380s of today the damn thing is huge but it isn't a bad gun. If you want something to put in your pocket look for something smaller

17. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

So true! Hahahaha

18. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

Experiment, push it's limits and see how hot of a load it can handle. When the gun blows, send it back and have it replaced.

19. wbaker

wbaker New Member

I live my high point c9 it works great. And if you want to find out better opinions of them and not I have a more expensive gun so i am king syndrome. Go to high point forums. This is what I did I read the good and bad from that site and i bought one it works just as fine as others I have but keep in mind its best in its class. It is not in the same class as a Sig. But it is a great gun.