Hi Point

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ghostndawoodz, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostndawoodz

ghostndawoodz New Member

Are these Hi Point pistols worth a flip? I have heard good and bad but i wont the Firearms Talk community to tell me.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You asked;

I think they are the most expensive non-functioning doorstop one can find.

And their lack of efficacy as a door stop is only surpassed by their use as a PD weapon.

[​IMG]

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I have the .45 and I have had very little trouble with it. Feeding them can be an issue because of the cheap mag spring. That being said, I use it as a plinker and it is NOT my defense pistol. I would not use it as a carry pistol for many reasons.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Hi-Points have some of the most vocal supporters of any firearm. By and large I've seen that they function OK - they're just big, chunky and VERY ugly. If it's all a person can afford, it's better than a stick or a club. For not much more $$$ better choices are out there...

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

The only thing they make that I bought, and would buy again, is their carbine. That being said, if it is all you can afford, buy the pistol - it's better than being unarmed!

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If you are buying it for range lizard plunkin' and can get past the "I flunked aesthetics in handgun design school" look, buy it!

BUT, PLEASE, do NOT use it for carry.

I would think after seeing that X-BOX/Wii trigger no one would buy that thing!

I had a hard time bringing myself to shoot one. It felt like an arcade game gun. [​IMG]

PS. Don't drop it!

7. WDB

WDB New Member

My life is worth more than the bargin price of a hipoint...what's your life worth?
    Nuf said

8. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

This is second-hand information, but one of my friends is a concealed-carry instructor, and he said that without exception, if someone has a high-point, and brings it to class to qualify, it will jam a minimum of 2 times in 20 rounds. So he strongly recommends against them for defensive purposes...

9. layton

layton New Member

Just curious, how much are the Highpoints, I got one 4 inch 45ACP for $449/w 2 hi cap 13 round mags, got another one for free. Also bought a Taurus 45 w/ 3 inch for$352.13 w/shipping.

Layton

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You seem to get many arms for free.

Seriously, the .45 from Hi-Points are a 4-1/2" fixed barrel with one 9-shot mag at about $175.

Please tell me how you get so many firearms for free, please.

11. layton

layton New Member

That is cheap, but if they FTF and FTE bad a lot, not worth it, and no, I dont get a lot free, I have just said several times that I got one 4" XD 45 free, that is the only one I have got free, the way I got it was through a promotion at Front Sight firearms training in Nevada.They had their 5 day handgun course that is $2000.00 for $1195, and with that you got your choice of an XD in 9mm,.40, or 45ACP, you also get a break down Mat,belt holster,mag holder,tactical light w/holster, and cap and t-shirt. I also got the 2 say course for my granddaughter that is a $1000.00 for $100.00 we will be going out there later this year or first of next year.

Layton

12. WDB

WDB New Member

We have a fine member that took a hipoint through the test. He worked the feed ramp and cleaned the pistol top to bottom. He got it to shoot sort of well but still said it was at best a tackle box gun. I think he was in to the pistol for about $130 after all his efforts. He did everything he could to make this be a good defensive pistol and in the end said, it's a tackle box gun. I know he wanted to show it was a better price defense firearm but couldn't.

13. Seadog75

Seadog75 New Member

It is a cheep entry level gun. Use it to trade up and get rid of it when ever you get something better. My first pistol was a pos so dont feal bad it was a Jennings 380.

14. ghostndawoodz

ghostndawoodz New Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.