Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a listing for hi points rifle. On paper it looks to good to be true. Does anyone have one, I don't know any hi point product owners so only heard rumors about quality of product

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
The carbines have a much better reputation than the pistols have. I've not found anyone that had much bad to say about them. I've shot a couple and they seemed to be pretty nice shooters.

They do have that Planet of the Apes vibe about them but for my that kind of adds to their charm.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I love my 995TS and wouldn't hesitate to use it for HD, but I have better options. It is great fun to shoot and pretty damn accurate out to about 50 yards, I haven't tried it past that distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For you that do have them what would be a decent price you think lgs has one for 375 on consignment ?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
natevh87 said:
For you that do have them what would be a decent price you think lgs has one for 375 on consignment ?
I got mine in.45 for $369 on sale, usually $399 to $429 in California. Get it if it's only $375. It's a fun gun.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Why is this thread here in the Hi Power Section?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just put it on hi point to see what people thought about the quality of their products ref a carbine because that's what I was looking at

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Be careful, and check to make certain that what you are buying is a 995TS, apparently the predecessor was junk.
Price is awful high, I paid $100 less, new, in Delaware in Nov. 2012 for mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also had a 995ST, it was a piece of junk. I don't think I ever was able to get through a whole mag without a jam. I tried different mags, ammo, etc.... I sold it to a buddy who had to have it.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have the new version in .45. I had no- to- low expectations for this gun. I bought it for my old lady, and it turns out I like shooting it. The sights suck, I tore those off. The rest, to my surprise has turned out better than expected for the price.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get an absolute answer if this 9mm carbine is allowed for purchase/transfer in Colorado? I am selling mine and although the disclaimer expresses that I am not liable for any laws against this gun...I dont wanna waste anyone's time if the buy is not eligible

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
796 Posts
natevh87 said:
Just saw a listing for hi points rifle. On paper it looks to good to be true. Does anyone have one, I don't know any hi point product owners so only heard rumors about quality of product
The only downside (for me) of the Hi-Point is the weight, it's kind of heavy for a PCC.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Where does the mag go? Is it like a hand gun in the grip?EDIT:eek:k never mind answered my own question that is odd looking to me. I may have to check one out.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
gearhead396 said:
Where does the mag go? Is it like a hand gun in the grip?EDIT:eek:k never mind answered my own question that is odd looking to me. I may have to check one out.
Its in the grip, the down side is they use proprietary mags, I can't find any high cap mags. I have heard of people modifying 1911 mags to fit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts