hi-point pistol's made strong?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by m72law, Mar 20, 2011.

1. m72law

m72law New Member

after seeing this video & others like it:eek:...makes me want a hi-point:D[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoWpog5KU4]YouTube - Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test MAN VS HI POINT[/ame]

2. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I really wish I had audio on this computer:(

But from watching the video I'll tell you that's about right. The only gun I've ever parted with was a 9mm Hi-Point. I gave it away just to get rid of the POS!

3. m72law

m72law New Member

for all that they put this pistol through...& it keeps going:p

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Well, I'm impressed! At the video and the hi point!

5. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I'm going to have to watch the rest of the video when I get home and have a functioning youtube. I only skipped around threw it and saw all the FTFs he was having.

The one I had was still a POS, but I may have been biased since I didn't have much expectations for a $99 gun in the first place, nor do I particularly care for the 9mm cal. but my wife just had to have one because they were on sale. Then she couldn't rack the slide so I ended up with it.

6. mkett39

mkett39 New Member

Think i'll run out and buy a dozen...not!!

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

ok im impressed. least you know the damn thing wont kaboom less you drive a bolt down the barrel!!!!

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I think I'll pass....

Attached Files:

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

My Hi-Point .45 has over 2k rounds through it and it still functions. At least I think it does, I haven't shot it since I got the 1911.

Wait for all of the bashers...they will be along soon.

10. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I thought I was already here:confused:

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Watch the whole video. Yes, a few FTF's. Oh, fired with a .223 casing hammered in the barrel and a hardened bolt hammered into the barrel. They also ran some bp loads, hps and ball. Pretty damn sturdy for a cheap gun that has lifetime no questions asked warranty.

12. wb_carpenter

wb_carpenter New Member

you forgot about it having 3x the target load of bullseye. 11gr of bullseye :eek:.

I personally am glad highpoint exists as a cheap gun for the masses who aren't "gun nuts" an example would be a guy with 2 kids skating by but has the means to protect his family.

I owned one before and may get another one someday but probably not. The carbines on the other hand Im sure I will own one sometime soon.

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Every one I know that has a high point (five people) are perfectly happy with them.

14. group17

group17 New Member

I remember that photo on the hi point web site. Also remember how nice an clean it broke. Some one mentioned a possible saw being used to start the break.

15. Colossal Urprising

Colossal Urprising New Member

just looks like a lot of failures to me.

lots of FTF, FTE, mag drops.

16. 995

995 New Member

Got my Hipoint c9 used three years ago and haven't had a problem with it yet so bash on .

17. MrJDL1971

MrJDL1971 New Member

Hi-point carbine?

I bought a Hi-point .45ACP handgun about a month ago. Pretty happy with it. I saw the carbine rifle at a gun show last week and was inexpensive! Thought about buying but maybe later. So, you think the 4595 is a good gun?

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

I know I get all my handgun purchase information from YouTube testimonials.

19. Gun_Nutter

Gun_Nutter New Member

I bought the Hi-Point .45 to keep in the truck. Would rather the valet steal that than my Sig.

20. WDB

WDB New Member

The beat up was prety cool, it will hold up for one shot. The FTF, the constant tap on the back of the slide to seat the slide and the mag drop out fully expressed why I don't/won't own one.

God grant me this one wish, if someone comes to take my life or those I love arm them with a spoon or a high point (depending how you feel about me at that moment in time) and arm me with my S&W. Given this one request I will be a better man and rid this place from a bit of the clutter that takes up too much of your time.

Amen,
    WDB

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011