Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stripped the Hi-Point and after an hour of fighting it going back together finally got it back together and cycling with working safety, I had a problem where the Sear came out and the Counter Weight pin thing didn't want to fit right back into the slot and mesh with the sear, thus having no working safety and I could squeeze the trigger without the magazine in it everytime I racked the slide. Anybody had any problems stripping you're Hi-Point down and reassembling it?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hater's gonna hate, oh well, I love the **** outta this Hi-Point it's heavy as hell but has ate everything from Tula to Remington ammo.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a high point 9mm but haven't had the chance to shoot it really because I joined the marine corps not long after I bought it. Everyone says they're ugly but personally I love the look it has. As far as how well it works I'm not sure but ill be finding out soon enough

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO they're worth what you pay for them, lifetime no questions asked warranty, comes in .380ACP, 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP. Haven't had a FTF from any ammo, they're +P rated, heavy as hell and ugly but dependable.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
How are the Hi-points? I know that they are super cheap, but I've never shot one!!
I really like my JHP 45. If you only have $150 to spend on a pistol Hi-Point is the way to go...IMO. I have put about 400 rounds though it(which is not enough to say it is perfect or anything) and out of the 400 rounds I have had 0 malfunctions so far. They also have the best warranty/customer service in the business.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I just stripped the Hi-Point and after an hour of fighting it going back together finally got it back together and cycling with working safety, I had a problem where the Sear came out and the Counter Weight pin thing didn't want to fit right back into the slot and mesh with the sear, thus having no working safety and I could squeeze the trigger without the magazine in it everytime I racked the slide. Anybody had any problems stripping you're Hi-Point down and reassembling it?
The first time I disassemble mine I had problems...it was a little difficult. Just took a little time...and a few youtube videos

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, so I know I'm not the only who had a bit of trouble, the damn instructions that come with them aren't very clear on how exactly to put the Sear back in if it falls out, just tells how to take the slide off and gives a parts list with a diagram of the parts.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
big_blue79 said:
Awesome, so I know I'm not the only who had a bit of trouble, the damn instructions that come with them aren't very clear on how exactly to put the Sear back in if it falls out, just tells how to take the slide off and gives a parts list with a diagram of the parts.
Wow. A man reading instructions? I never thought I would hear that. Haha. :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
lol they weren't very clear at all.

But if you ever have trouble just give em a call...they'll help you figure it out over the phone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My C9 was purchased just so I could form my own opinion and as far as a range gun I love it. If your looking for CCW they're big and balky and weigh in at 2#. But cheap, reliable, low maintenance and outstanding warranty. Right now I carry my ruger p95 and my Glock 19 but if all I could afford was $200 bucks I would be carrying my HP.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How are the Hi-points? I know that they are super cheap, but I've never shot one!!
IMO they're worth what you pay for them, lifetime no questions asked warranty, comes in .380ACP, 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP. Haven't had a FTF from any ammo, they're +P rated, heavy as hell and ugly but dependable.
And the only thing I would change is the grips on it, they become slippery and the pistol is moving around in you're hands, Hogue makes a grip called the Handall that slips on for pistols that don't have changeable grips and it has Finger Grooves for a little better control.

Wow. A man reading instructions? I never thought I would hear that. Haha. :)
I'd read once just so I don't mess anything up:).

lol they weren't very clear at all.

But if you ever have trouble just give em a call...they'll help you figure it out over the phone.
I'll remember that next time I have trouble. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts