Hi point Carbine?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by sngreen1, Jan 9, 2011.

1. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

Any one on here have one. Thinkin of getting one. Just wondering how well thay hold up. An to see how well you guys like them!

2. davcolburn

davcolburn New Member

Just bought mine yesterday at the local gun show and I can't wait to try it out. I had researched them online but never had a chance to actually pick one up and look it over. $250 ya can't beat it! Enjy yours and do a range report~

3. BudW

BudW New Member

Fun, cant beat the warranty, dependable what more could you want?

4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Ugliest gun I own, but still love it.

5. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

lol, I here that!

6. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

That is true you cant beat Hi-Point's warranty. I have one of there hand guns it works real well just cant use cheap ammo or it like to jam. But for the price of the gun its self you would have to consider it. Any jamming issues with your carbines?

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Check below in the similar threads window, lots of info. Mine eats anything. When the carbine 1st came out they were $110.00 w/ accessories. The draw back is the hard to remove 10 round magazine.

8. fixxer

fixxer New Member

+1. Bought mine + four more mags. Fun but ugly.

9. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

Have a 995 put the ATI stock on it.....one of the best saturday afternoon firearms that I have the kids love to shoot it and they cost me a foutune in ammo!!! :D

10. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I heard that if you admit to putting on that stock then Hi Point revokes your warranty. Something about the aftermarket stock causing the hold-down screw in the gun to strip out?

11. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

Got one with the new stock, it a good gun. Go get you one.....:D

12. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

Yea I think im going to, for the money you really just cant beat it, any recomendations on what caliber to get?

13. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

Mine has been reliable, fun to shoot and accurate. I went with the 9mm. I have nothing in the 40 and don't plan on getting anyting in the 40...Give me a 1911 or Glock 19 and I'm happy...

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I have the 4095 and love it. I have been extremely open and honest about the Hi-Points I own almost to a fault on this forum.

I would like to get the other two calibers in the carbines. Probably the .45 next since I won't have to go buy ammo for it right off the shelf. When I bought the .40 S&W, I was looking for the 995 for a while and got impatient. I am happy. :)

I saw the 4595 last week with the new stock and I was surprised to see it priced over $300. :eek: I will probably still get one anyway and try to wear it out and make good on the warranty. It is lifetime and transferrable.

15. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

While I think having one or two cheap guns is OK, I wouldn't have more than that in my pile of stuff. I recall a guy, came into my shop one day, he bought a Hi-Point Pistol & a Hi Point Carbine. Next visit he wanted to buy 4 more Hi Point guns. I had to tell the guy that I thought it would be better for him to have one really well-made gun than 4 Hi Points. He bought an EAA Witness and then a Ruger and let me know that He now agrees with me.

16. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

What kind of new stock does it have? thought they only made it with one type.

17. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

I totaly agree, Hi point is mostly for just shooting. I have a quality gun as well but at 129$ for a hand gun cant really beat it

18. Doug1627

Doug1627 New Member

I picked up a 9mm Hi Point Carbine over the weekend for $60. Took it out Sunday. Shot great. Accurate and no feeding problems. Another plus is Hi Point wants me to send the firearm to them so they can update and replace any worn parts free of charge. Can't beat that.

19. nate

nate New Member

A friend of mine sent his in to get a new firing pin put in it and got it back with the new stock on it. I never thought much of them but the more I read about them the more I think about picking one up in .40.

20. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

Absolutely, get one.
    We have 3, to with the old stock and 1 with the TS, and we bought my son one he put an ATI stock on.
    All are fine, fun guns.