Hi-point 9mm model 995

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by PatrickHarrison, Nov 27, 2011.

1. PatrickHarrison

PatrickHarrison New Member

Got one free from a family member today ive shot it and at a hundred yards dang this guns accurate with peep sights and it hits hard too some screws are missing outa the stock and the actions dry and squeking but idc ill break it in on some yotes and metal targets. Ready to put a scope mount on it and different furniture. Anywhere to get em ??

2. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I pulled the iron sights off of mine and put an inexpensive reflex sight on it. Lots of fun to shoot and really fast target acquisition. I didn't really care for the iron sights that were on it.

3. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

ATI makes a different styled stock for them & you can get it from pretty much any online firearms related site, hell i think there's even a few on ebay.

4. PatrickHarrison

You can pull the irons? Interesting ill look into it.
    I havent seen a hundred stock variations for the 995 only ATI's or original factory

5. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  6. PatrickHarrison

Nice rifle but thats the only replacement stock ive seen besides factory. And i looked at takin off irons but you cant put a scope up there either that or im lookin at it wrong

7. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I have a full picatinny rail on the receiver as well as the top of the foregrip on mine. Mine has the tacticool stock that was switched to. You might have the original stock.

8. PatrickHarrison

Mines the original factory. then i looked n the irons dont come off to make a scope platform. overall the guns got alot of placed to put equipment you can afford to throw on it to make it look mean

9. fetep

fetep New Member

I have one with the ati and a aimpoint. Great little rifle. Thousands of rounds and never one hiccup.

10. PatrickHarrison

Ya mine doesnt mess up atall excelent gun to me just need more ammo. kinda would be good for a woods man gun with flat soft point 9x19mm rounds and a small scope. The factory stock is crap to me to thick in rear. Sights are perfect. I can picture one with a dark wooden stock without a pistol grip fold down bipod small scope a dark bluing in .357 sig thatd be very very nice haha dream gun.

11. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

This is my wife's new toy.. I think she likes it more than me.. lol

Attached Files:

12. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

This is what the wife wants me to do to her 995.. what do you all think?? I don't know if I can bring myself to painting a gun purple.

Attached Files:

13. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Why not? If Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy!

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I googed "Hi-Point 995" and kept getting back:

"9.95? ain't that awfully expensive for a Hi-Point?":D

IMHO, paint the rifle purple. Happiness in a home

can be found in the heart of the wife...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  15. PatrickHarrison

Im afraid thats badazz id do mine blood red accent. nice gun too!!

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

I agree, go ahead, it's not like it's a Dakota.
    And yeah, I'd do one in red for myself like Patrick pointed out.

17. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The rear sight assembly screws off. The Weaver rail came w/ them. How come no one else has the compensator? ;)
    [​IMG]++

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  18. PatrickHarrison

Alright i understand the sight set up alteration now. Compensator?! Never knew they to have one i wouldnt mind gettin one