hi point 45 carbine review

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by mountainman13, Aug 23, 2013.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Got to try the gun out the other day. Gotta say I was surprised. For a cheap gun it seemed to be pretty well built.
    It came with a cheap red dot sight that needed a bit of adjustment, but once it was sighted in it co-witnessed well. The iron sights were dead on out of the box and I was impressed with the accuracy. I was shooting pieces of clays at 25 yards with no problem. The gun ran like a champ.
    The only minor issue I had was the charging handle coming loose. Slap a drop of thread lock on it and problem solved.
    Definitely a fun gun and hard to beat at around $300.

Attached Files:

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I used to have one in 9mm. Great gun!! I wish there was one in 10mm.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice. Sounds like fun. I've thought about getting a pistol caliber carbine. Would prolly go 9mm for compatibility of ammo.

4. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Well it's not as ugly as I had imagined. $300 is hard to beat.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Now you're talking.
    It'd be a great companion to my glock.

6. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I'd like it next to my 1911

7. hq357

hq357 New Member

Taurus is also coming out with a low budget pistol carbine its called c2 g2 carbine looks very similar to H&Ks UMP

image-2133457735.jpg

Very sexy ;)

Attached Files:

8. longunner

longunner New Member

I also wanted a hi point, but in 9 not 45. I waited too long though and now the new republic of York has made everything fun really hard to get ;)

9. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Hey Mountainman,

Back a few years, I just had to see what a .45acp would do ot of a lon barrel.
    Its a big ole bullet hitting gal jugs of water.
    Fun.

Heres mine.

[​IMG]

Jim

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Very Nice. Fun little gun.

11. longunner

longunner New Member

So is the ejection port/charging handle on the left side?

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Charging handle is.

13. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I also have one. I can't say the irons impressed me at all. The gun is nice, after I ripped off the irons. No matter what I did it would shoot 6-12" low,even at 15 meters. I'm not new to sighting in, did plenty o that in the Corps, but I think mine were jacked out of the box. The rear sight was just sloppy. I was thinking trying to find some irons but would have to play with risers to get it to the same plane. I also putt on a Brass Stacker comp on it. It was for my old lady originally, but she shot it twice and it sat in the safe, so I took it over. I would like to try to find some larger capacity mags. I've heard of people modifying 1911 mags, but it would be nice if Hi Point would make a hi-cap

Attached Files:

14. bigjim

bigjim New Member

They do, it's called a 40 S&W (.10 mm bullet)

Jim

Hi-Point 4095TS (40 S&W) Charging handle on the left, ejection port on the right.
    [​IMG]

15. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

I am actually pretty interested in the Hi-Point Carbine, just one question, is it as hard to take apart and clean as the pistols?

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

You get a lot of gun for the money, plastic soaks up

the recoil, great stock.

The American company, based in Ohio, gives the best

warranty in the business.

But the thing I really got a kick out of is the "bolt"

is actually a bolt, which you could replace at any

hardware store.

Dis-assembly takes a little getting used to, but is not

difficult.

A LOT of fun at the range. The kind of gun where you

shot up 5 boxes of ammo before you know it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  17. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Ive had a 9mm Hi-Point carbine for a few years with a cheap BSA red dot scope on it and I have had lots of fun shooting it. Never had any trouble out of it.

I like the way the Taurus looks. Might have to trade up, especially if higher mag capacity is available with the Taurus.

18. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

I have the Hi-Point 955 Classic that had the monkey stock but converted it to the tactical stock and I love it.Awesome gun and works great!As far as larger magazines go,only ProMag makes them and they are a hit or miss thing.My 15 rd Pro Mags work ok sometimes a FTF here and there.Best to stick with the factory 10 round magazines for reliability.Hi-Point has said they were working on larger capacity magazines but that was before Sandy Hook.