hi-point .40

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by wvhillbilly, Nov 10, 2011.

1. wvhillbilly

wvhillbilly New Member

i have several hi-point .40's they perform great sure they are heavy nut true lifetime warranty and great price why buy guns for name rather than actual use?

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

You do have a valid point.

Name, proven reliability, comfort, fit, purpose and resale/trade often are key factors that determine one's decision when obtaining a handgun.

But mainly one stays away from Hi-Points to avoid this......

[​IMG]

:cool:

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

One could hunt down a perfectly seviceable AMC Pacer as well. Why spend tens of thousands on a newer car or truck?

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Isn't the Pacer a notorious lemon?

There's a bit of a difference there, all my experiences with Hi Points have been great, and many owners say the same thing. Really, I think I hear fewer complaints about Hi Points (I'm not counting aesthetics, but quality and performance) than the complaints I hear about Kimber.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I did specify "Perfectly serviceable."
    I'm not expert on Pacers, but aside from being ridiculous, I thought they were no worse than any other domestic offering from that era.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

To avoid embarrassment ?:rolleyes:

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yes you did. Sorry about that. And yes they are pretty ridiculous.

Hey did you know the makers of Yugo made a bigger version? They called it the "Wego".

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

:p:p:p

Then theres the DuoGo - made for two
    The FewGo- made for 3
    And the AllGo- But that one requires a trailor pkg :rolleyes:

I think the ones you find now days are just called - NO GO :eek:

9. kystang90

kystang90 New Member

All jokes aside everybody can own which brand they choose as it's a free country but comparing a hi- point to a kimber is, well there is no comparison!

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

The original options were "hi point or sigma." As to my hi point and kimber comparison, I wasn't comparing the two, I was stating that I hear more kimber owners bitching about their guns than I do hi point owners. I would feel perfectly comfortable any day of the week doing a side by side between sigma and hi point.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I recently bought a HP 380 just to see what all the fuss was about. For $140, I'm impressed. Shoots nice, functions well. It IS heavy, and slightly ugly, but so what? I have a Beretta 96, if I needed to impress someone. (I don't)

12. towboater

towboater Active Member

I would never buy a HP, when I can get a CZ-82 shipped to me for less than $200.00
    Also...9X18 is cheaper than 380.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Oh yeah, there's better, or at least nicer, options out there than the hi point. I just pointed out that between the two options, I'd pick the hi point.