Hi, I have a winchester mod 62A question

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by MANNCLAN, Feb 8, 2010.

1. MANNCLAN

MANNCLAN New Member

Just joined this forum hailing from southern Arizona, I am seeking some info as to the year of manufacture & possibly value on one of my guns, it is a Winchester model 62 A, it is prewar model with the 6" forearm, I read on here somewhere that this weapon started with serial# 90200, but must question that as the serial# of mine is 82326. I would grade this gun at "excellent" or slightly better based on the NRA CONDITIONS STANDARDS. I inherited this little gem from my Grandfather in 1976, and found out later that it was the first gun my dad & his older brother ever shot. My Grandfather was an avid collector and gunsmith and probably owned over 100 guns when he passed.
    Any help on this weapon is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

3. MANNCLAN

MANNCLAN New Member

I hear ya about the accuracy, my Grandfather had a pet groundhog when he passed away. Somehow the groundhog escaped from his cage and started chasing Granny when she went out to woodshed, she asked me if I could shoot him, so I took sight from a bench on the back of the pumphouse and waited. When he finally poked his head out I nailed him right between the eyes. It was a fairly short shot only about 15 or 20 yards.