Hi - I have a problem

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by partdeux, Oct 26, 2011.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Can't stop buying firearms, LOL

SWMBO and I agreed we were done for a little while... That is until a local forum had a P22 for a good price. We agreed on a better price. He claimed it probably had less then 400 rounds through, uh huh, sure. I actually believe it! This thing looks NIB :)

It's going to be her's so maybe I can start working on an AR15 :)

The real question, will I highlight the engravings?

2. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Seek immediate medical and psychological treatment from qualified professionals.

You've taken the first step by admitting you have a disease.

Catch it early, treat it often.

Good God man...DO IT...do it now before it's too late!

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i'm sorry to inform you, there is no known cure for the addiction! as long as there are guns for sale, you will always have the addiction. maybe we could start a support group. wait, that's what this forum is, a support group!

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a worse problem. I want to buy firearms but I don't have the money to do it. *cry*

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I have the same problem :eek:.

6. vincent

vincent New Member

There is no known cure for this affliction so you're just gonna have to go with it!!

7. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Once your bit, it will never go away. :D

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Addicted? HAH! Not all all my good man- I can stop any time I want to.

Any time at all. Yeah.

Yeah, THAT'S the ticket. Yeah. Any time at all. :rolleyes:

It's too late for me- SAVE YOURSELF, MAN !

But can I have your guns? :)

9. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

I stop at the gun shop every few days after work my wife has to call me or come up there to get me to go home. she thinks I have a problem.

let the bullets do the talking!

10. Hinermad

Hinermad New Member

Dude, is that really the best sig to use when you're talking about your wife? (grin)

11. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Yeah probably not the best. But last week she told me if I came home with the Springfield micro compact .45 acp before Christmas she was gonna use it on me. But she let's me usually buy new toys when I have the money without any questions. Also she is now wanting me to start buying her guns to instead of just bigger framed stuff so she can go to the range with me

let the bullets do the talking!

12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I don't have any money either... but this was a deal too good to pass up.

Funny story, we have to get permits to purchase from the local PD. After the first two purchases, I told the secretary that was it for awhile. She started laughing. After the 2nd two, told her we're done. She said, "if I could have a dollar for everytime I hear that". I let SWMBO turn in the registration on the new one :)

13. Hinermad

Hinermad New Member

I guess people are all the same. I bought my first rifle, a cheap Savage .22 bolt, last January thinking "this'll be enough for me for a while." Less than a month later I bought a shotgun. Here it is 9 months later and I have 2 pistols, 3 shotguns, and 4 rifles. I just weighed the box I keep my ammo in and I have 80 pounds of bang in there.

Dave

14. Axxe55

there is no known cure for this addiction! there is no known treatment, all you can do is suffer through it. i have this addiction for over forty years, and it gets worse. when i buy another gun, the high soon wears off, and i need another fix! like many, my checkbook is the limiting factor, but am very fortunate to have a very understanding and loving wife. she even enjoys shooting some of them with me. she told me the other day, that she would like to have a 357 magnum revolver like she had years ago. she doesn't know a lot about guns, but best i can tell, she had an older Smith with a 4" barrel. well i guess she has the addiction also now, just not as bad as me!

15. fmj

fmj New Member

yep,like all addictions..this one keeps you broke as well....doesnt help i have 2 other addicts in the family.

I have found guns are like kids, easy to acquire, hard to keep fed!

16. Axxe55

i'm lucky, just the wife and me! i always show her guns i'm interested in to see her reaction.

17. fmj

fmj New Member

Wife doesnt have much reaction..she just likes to make 'em go bang...then shove the target in my face and say "YOU BETTER WATCH IT BUB!!":rolleyes:;):D

(she shoots better than i do:eek:....i have split emotions!! My manly pride is hurt getting beat up by a relative noob, after my 30+ years of shooting and 10 of it competition. Then my swelling pride in seeing my student do so well)

18. Axxe55

my wife doesnt shoot better than me, but i'm glad she does enjoy it. my first two wives didn't have any interest and couldn't understand why i had to have so many guns. i told both of them in the past, when they stopped shopping for clothes all the time, i would stop buying guns. plus i explained, clothes wear out and lose money and have to be replaced, guns don't wear out and can increase in value!

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Why fight it? :confused:

..SUBMIT

20. fmj

fmj New Member

Never been the submissive type. ;)