Firearms Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I found this site while researching the gun laws of Florida. We just moved to South Florida this past March & would really like to find somewhere to go to shoot my .22 rifle other than a shooting range. I am quite the novice when it comes to shooting, having started only last year when I tagged along with my son & his friend when they went on a shoot. I fell in love with the sport. We always went way out in the desert of Phoenix AZ & spent hours in an open air environment shooting at whatever garbage lays at the bottom of a gully. I would love to find other people in my vicinity who shoot just for the fun of it & maybe know where my husband & I could find an open area where shooting is allowed rather than join a shooting club that is indoors. I look forward to learning lots from everyone here & if you have any important info on Florida gun laws that I need to know, please post it! My son keeps telling me that Florida is an open carry state, but, I want to know details. I am also interested in getting a handgun & eventually a cwp. I shot my son's Glock & almost lost it when the kick sent it flying out of my hands. I don't feel that I have enough hand strength to hang on to it, altho my son says I do.

See you around!!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome aboard!

You certainly sound like our kind of people! Wish you were closer to East Tennessee, because that is exactly the type of shooting we do!

Combat training is fine, skeet is way cool, but there is not much more fun than bouncing an old soda can around with a .22!

:D

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Welcome! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts