Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im new here. Not new to shooting and carrying a weapon for sd and on my job. I just want to say that as a group of people shooters are some of the coolest and nices people to hang out with because we have nothing left to prove we carry a weapon we know what that means ( i hope) and we usally can all get along because the ego is some what nullified becasue you cant have a big ego and carry a gun some one is bound to get hurt.. But im really tired of gun shops over charging for everthing from ear plugs to the guns. in my area there are aboutg 6 gun shops and the highest charging is a little place called Bullocks and they have the worst coustomer service i have ever seen needless to say i dont shop there. im tired of when you go into some gun stores and you are looking at things and if you have a question they will give you a crappy answer to were you have to ask another person or they are snotty. but i think there are those good gun stores were they cut you a deal on your rifles and can and will help you get a good fit and wont just let you buy a peice of junk but thats it for now later gators

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sense you are in Michigan, I would suggest getting in touch with a guy named George from M.I. Gunslingers. Very cool guy. Very knowledgeable about all things firearms and his prices are some of the best I have found. I have purchased now ( 3 ) pistols from him and have saved money on each and every one over MSRP.

JD

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am also from Mi. I know exactly what you are talking about. I order all my gun online now. The local shops want up to $100 more for basic handguns.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I totally agree with you dirtysouth, I live in Indiana and I've noticed the same thing. In my area we have this really cool gun store called Kiesler's. They are a pretty big store and they cater a lot to LE officers but do sell a lot to civilians as well. I was recently in the market for an AR-15, it didn't have to be anything high end, just the standard 5.56mm with a 16" or longer barrel. I mainly wanted it for target practice, and coyote hunting and maybe later to enter into shooting competions for fun.

I found a DPMS Panther Lite with a 16" barrel chambered in 5.56 for $734. When I told my dad about it, he told me to go to this other store he heard about on the radio and look there. My wife and I went to 111 Gun Shop INC in Clarksville, IN and we were both impressed. I was just going to look and ended put $250 down on a Century Arms C-15 Sporter (AR-15A2) with a 20" barrel and standard stock. The guys at 111 told me that they couldn't go any lower on this particular rifle cause it was already pretty low. I thanked them and headed homeward, but on the way stopped at Wal-Mart to get the weekly "foodstuffs" and picked up a copy of Shotgun News. While thumbing through it I saw the exact same rifle that I saw at thier shop for the exact same price that I would be paying for it once I payed the remaining balance. The price of this rifle was $599, I was truly impressed cause he could have been giving me a smoke inema the whole time but he told me the truth.

This might not seem like a big deal but the guys at Keislers' told me the exact same thing, "We can't go any lower cause the DPMS is already as low as it can go!" Well 111 had the same DPMS Panther Lite for $699. I went back the next week and looked around at some of thier other merchandise and was amazed cause everything was lower than everywhere else.

Needless to say the guys at 111 Gun Shop earned my business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts