Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i joined this site cuz i wanna get educated about firearms. am thinking of doing some target shooting and maybe eventually get a real gun. i tried target shooting once and discovered i had dead on aim. don't believe things people say about having guns makes you more likely to get shot. could somebody please explain that? like it or not this country was founded on certain rights, one of them being the right to protect yourself with a firearm. anyway, i am ignorant on the subject of firearms and would like to read your posts and hopefully talk to peope and learn something. thanks for letting me join.

Annie

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thank you for your reply Storm. I went back and reread my post and really am not sure why you had trouble following it. seemed perfectly clear to me and i saw only one typo. in any case i appreciate getting your quick reply.

Annie

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Brent,
Thank you for that explanation of that statement I asked about. That actually makes a lot of sense to me and I agree that there is an emotional response to the idea of people carrying guns -- that somehow it's always a bad thing. When I was young, I was held up at gun point -- gun was right against my head. I'll never forget that helpless feeling I had not being able to defend myself. Now I am a single parent and wonder what I would do if someone broke into our home. How would I protect my kid? Hopefully I'll never have to find out but I feel like it's my obligation as a parent to make sure I could defend her if I had to. And I've never heard any statistics supporting gun owners in regard to violent crimes, just a lot of numbers about how that makes people more likely to be victims of violent crimes. It's awfully hard to get balanced views on things.

Thank you for your reply.

Annie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.