hi fellow Virginians

Discussion in 'Virginia Gun Forum' started by rodent.22, Feb 17, 2012.

1. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

I'm in New Kent County, shoot a little of everything. I am into .22 calibers pretty heavily, and black powder conversions have been a recent interest. I have enjoyed the Forum and look forward to communication with fellow gunowners here in the Old Dominion.:D

2. KABAR2

KABAR2 New Member

I am down in Chesapeake shoot a little of everything collect military arms.... also shoot cannons....

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Guys- we have a member here (woody) that is at Ft Eustis, recovering from a stomach wound. He is awaiting medical discharge from the Army. If either of you are going shooting, think he might be interested.

4. ProShooter

ProShooter New Member

Jim from Proactive Shooters in Richmond, checking in. Having a state forum is a great idea.

5. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

NoVA

Got it covered here in Bristow, VA.:cool:

6. woody63m

woody63m New Member

When did they add the state fourum???

7. c3shooter

While you were asleep, Woody! New thang for us!

8. EiteCombat

EiteCombat New Member

Checking in from Harrisonburg VA.

9. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ New Member

Checking in from LoCo, NoVA.

10. ProShooter

ProShooter New Member

Sometime shortly before they sent an email to everyone telling them that there is now a state forum... ::p

11. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Newport News Va, checking in. Or should I say Bad News Va.

12. Virginia58

Virginia58 Member Supporter

Here in Richmond, VA. Anxious to see Colonial Shooting Academy when they get up and running.

13. c3shooter

Ref: Colonial- I belong to Black Creek Shooters. While the indoor ranges at Colonial would be good for handguns (doubt that I could get much use of my 7.5 Swiss in there) have you see their PRICES at Colonial? Jesus wept!

14. Virginia58

Agreed. Colonial is "proud" of their memberships...pretty pricey. I missed the orientation out at Black Creek, so not sure there are any 7-day membership slots open this year. No range close to me out in Midlo except Dominion and that is both pricey and in need of upgrade and repairs.

15. ProShooter

ProShooter New Member

Dont forget The Smoking Gun in Colonial Heights and Fort Lee POW range.

I'm anxious to use Colonial for our private shooting lessons, in addition to the group classes that we do at our outdoor range in Doswell.

16. Virginia58

I have been out to the Ft. Lee POW range (though the hours are a little restrictive), and I get down the the skeet range at Ft. Lee pretty regularly. I am not familiar with the Smoking Gun in Colonial Heights. That would probably be fairly close for me off Rt 288.

Black Creek, IW Conservation Park, Rivanna, Cavalier are all 45 minutes to an hour for me. Rivanna about 1-1/2 hours.

17. Snatale42

Snatale42 New Member

lol, that's some crap I'd say. Nothing like a fresh new section.

18. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

Checking I'm from Chester here. Been looking for a good place to get both rifle and pistol time all at once and colonial sure seems to have it but like many have expressed those prices have me worried. I usually head out to chickahominy wildlife rifle range for my rifle time and go to the smoking gun in colonial heights with the handguns. Both have there draw backs but as long as I'm getting trigger time I'll take it. All those acres of farmland I see on the way to Charles city make me wanna buy up some property just to shoot on! Nice to have a state forum now! How about the repeal of the one handgun a month law guys?!

19. gunguy1997

gunguy1997 New Member

danville checked in:)

20. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Alive and regularly shooting here in Fredericksburg Va. Always looking for some place different