Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here. Used to shoot and hunt a bit in my youth and now that I am retired, I'm just starting to get out on the range a bit and play catchup! Had forgotten how much fun it can be...and am amazed at how much more recoil my 12 gauge seems to have now than it did when I was 20!:D looking forward to learning from the vast collective knowledge of the forum! Many other gals here?

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts
WELCOME!!

Not many gals, but some. I am one of them. I'm glad you found your way here. There's a lot of good people with a lot of knowledge here. I like your user name. ;) As you can probably tell by my user name, I've turned down a new path, myself. If I can do anything to help you find your way around here, just let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI! I'm a new too :) Welcome

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, all for the welcome. Glad too that there are some gals here that enjoy shooting! I am seeing a growing number of women ready to take responsibility for their own self defense and have fun at the range in the process. I have already lost about 3 hours of beauty sleep from reading the various forums (and looking at recommended videos on mounting scopes)! What a great source of information. Hope that at some point I might be qualified to contribute something of value.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Welcome to FTF.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
towboater, your avatar gives me the willies! LOL But it does give me an idea or two about choosing my own avatar...;)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Why does it give you the willies?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uh...I have this stupid irrational thing about spiders. LOL Snakes, even venomous ones, are fine but spiders give me goosebumps!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
DustyDoll said:
Uh...I have this stupid irrational thing about spiders. LOL Snakes, even venomous ones, are fine but spiders give me goosebumps!
We can agree on that for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holy crap! Nightmares tonight, that's for sure! LOL
I can deal with this gal, though. She struck at me as I walked by and missed. Turns out she was looking for a place to give birth and and was a little irritable. Had a bunch of ready-to-fire little ones inside.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
Welcome, Dusty- glad you found your way to us. Good folks here, sometimes a touch goofy, but good folks.

Keep a good sense of humor, take nothing personally, ask questions when you have them, contribute to the discussion when you can.

Population here is male and female (and some we are not sure about) Youngsters around 14, and Senior Citizens (self) We have members from every state, several other nations, and some folks deployed overseas with the military.

Our common factor- we all like guns. Pull up a chair, make yourself comfortable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts